CHAPTER 9

Confusion

Theo's POV

It wasn't just her dream. I was really there that night. I told her those words just to let her know what I've been keeping for so long. But it doesn't mean I was giving up on her. I just decided to wait for another long period of time until she slowly remembered me. But for now, I let her be with Terrence. I want to know how long she can love him not as much as she loved me in the past. I won't force myself with her this time. It's not that I'm not gonna love her anymore. It takes time until she comes back to me. And when that comes, I won't let her love someone else except me.

That night, I didn't expect she would kiss me back as if she finally remembered who I was. Pain was visible in her eyes and it was killing me inside. After we kissed, she cried in my arms uncontrollably until she fell asleep. I watched her sleeping. I gently caressed her soft hair and just stared at this gorgeous girl I have been loving for so long. I couldn't just leave her behind like this. I just want to know if she was afraid to lose me. But I didn't expect it would hurt her so much.

When I hear someone's footsteps, I lay her down the mattress and let her sleep. I looked at her again for a while and then kissed her on her forehead.

"Don't cry, my Queen. Our love takes time and when it does, I'll never let you go again. I'll never break that promise we've made, Avy. I'll stay with you always no matter what it takes," I whispered.

I left the tent after whispering that to her. I met her friend Iyah who looked at me in surprise. I spoke to her and asked for a favor. I told her not to tell Avy that I was actually the one with her in the tent. Curious, she still nodded hesitantly.

"Please. I know you can't lie to her but you have to," I pleaded. She nodded in agreement. I waited for her to enter the tent before I left.It was late at that time and I still couldn't sleep. Even though it was dark, I walked through the forest down to the beach. I looked at the cloudy, moonless and starry sky. The wind blew stronger and I felt its coldness on my skin.

Similarly, it seems that my mood also feels blue that night. The blow of the wind accompanied my sadness. Until now, it's as if fate doesn't agree with me and the woman I love. How long will I hope that we will be together in this world? How long will I wait until finally there is nothing to stop the two of us? How long will I feel the sadness that I can't do anymore? There are many questions but I can't answer them myself. There is no certainty that we are destined.

Even though it'll take another decade until I finally make her mine, I'll still wait. Because I know waiting for her will always be worth it and worth fighting for.

Avy's POV

I couldn't just believe that it was just a dream. It feels surreal. It's difficult to believe that it didn't happen when I felt like it actually does. When we came home two days after the camping trip, there wasn't a minute or an hour that I still thought about that. I feel like my brain is still there at our camping site wondering if it was real or just a dream. Since that day, I have rarely seen Theo on campus. I tried to look for him all over the campus but I couldn't find him. Sometimes I hope to see him at the gymnasium but only his friends are there. I wonder why he suddenly disappeared like a bubble just  like in my dream.

But when I heard the day that their basketball tournament was coming up, I had hoped that he would be there that day. I hope he's gonna be there.

"Ate Avy, wala ng laman 'yong ref natin," saad ni Majesty pagkabukas niya ng refrigerator.

"Sige. Ako na bibili sa supermarket. Magbihis lang ako saglit," sabi ko kaya tumango na lang siya bago uminom ng tubig. Dumeretso muna ako sa kwarto para maligo. Pagkatapos ay pumunta na ako sa garahe para kunin ang sasakyan ko.