CHAPTER 14

Déjà vu

Prince Darius POV

I tossed over from the bed panting. I immediately felt the continuous pouring of tears from my eyes, my heart was beating fast and I seemed to be restless. Immediately my eyes searched for someone. I was hoping to see her but I didn't. I was stunned for a moment when I saw the surroundings. W-What am I doing here? This is not the last place I remember being here and the woman I love. I was exhausted as I was leaving that room. It's like I can still feel the wound from being shot at. I looked to see if it was still there but it wasn't. But why can I feel the pain so much?

"You're already awake, son. Here, I've prepared breakfast for you and your brother Wayne. You have school today, don't you? Can you just go with your brother?" open greetings the woman I can't remember who.

"Who are you? Then what am I doing here? Which Wayne are you talking about? I don't remember living here," I said. She immediately approached me and was concerned about how she looked at me.

"Theo, son. Are you okay? Why are you saying things like that? Is something hurting you?" she said worriedly.

"Theo...no. That's not my name. I'm a prince. My name is Prince Darius. She looked at me confused.

"Son, what's going on with you? Mommy doesn't understand you." I seem to have stopped there. Is she my mother? The girl in front of me?

After a while a familiar man came out. He is taller than me. I remembered the last thing he said before he killed Princess Aizelle and me.

"We'll meet again in your next life. That's a promise."

I immediately approached Prince William and gave him a death glare.

"Good morning, bro. Wait. Why are you looking at me like that?" he said. I suddenly felt angry. I don't want to believe that the person who killed Princess Aizelle and I will be my brother in my next life. My fist clenched in anger. I still remember what he said and how he killed us.

I went back to my room and locked the door. It still hasn't sunk into my brain that this is not the last thing I remember before I lost my breath. Later, I remembered something that I kept in my pocket before I died. I was hoping to find it and I was not disappointed. A beautiful photo of none other than Princess Aizelle. Her smiles make me feel better. These are the times we are always together before everything unexpected happens. My chest tightened as I looked at the photo I was holding. I miss her already. I really want to see her and hug her tight. I cried again.

While brother Wayne and I were on our way to campus, I saw someone very familiar with me. I can't be wrong. I know it's her. My heart seemed to jump for joy. I immediately stopped the car and didn't hesitate to get out. I ran to where she was and when I got close, I immediately stopped. She just looked at me for a moment while I was hoping she would remember me but she just immediately looked away. My shoulders slumped as I watched him walk away. It was too painful to bear. She doesn't remember me. After we got to the campus, I saw her walking in the hallway. Is she also studying here?

Since that day, I have always watched her from afar. There isn't a minute or hour in the day that I want to see her. Sometimes, I try to approach her but I immediately feel scared. Even every time she comes home, I watch over her even from a distance to make sure she will arrive safe. I also want to know where she lives. Almost every day, I secretly visit outside her house. And before she turned sixteen, I started sending flowers, chocolates and big teddy bears in front of their house. The night I lent her my hoodie when I saw she was cold, I really meant it so that we could meet again and talk to her for a while. My guess came true when we met in a park near them. And that park was the once vast garden where it was witnessed our promise to each other even the moon above. Same scenario but not the same life.