CHAPTER 16(BOOK 2)

After 5 years

Avy's POV

It has been 5 years since that night happened, and it has kept bothering me until now. I still feel frightened whenever I think of it. I know it's him. I remember almost everything that happened to me in my past that same night. Theo has always been by my side since then. He never leaves me until I feel much better. As the days go by, I slowly fall out of love with Terrence. I don't know how or when, but all I know is that I don't love him anymore. However, I'm not the one who broke up with him.

----> Flashback <----

3 months after we graduated, Terrence picked me up from my house for our date. I don't know why, but I could see sadness in his eyes while he was staring at me. But I tried to ignore it. He brought me to the beach that afternoon where the sun was about to go down. He held my hand and we sat on the white sand. We both watched the beautiful sunset. He stayed quiet for hours, and I wasn't even comfortable with it. I felt something was wrong, but I didn't know what it was.

"Aegiya," he called. I looked at him as he smiled. He kissed my forehead and I just closed my eyes.

"I love you, okay?" he said as he bitterly smiled. I want to ask him what's wrong but I don't know why I couldn't.

"I'm happy. I'm so glad that even once in my life, I met someone like you. I'm thankful that you once became mine. But this time, aegiya, I want to make and see you happy even I'm not the reason for that. I-I'm saying this not because I don't love you but I know I have to. You were happy with him, right? Even if you didn't tell me, I know you were happy, not with me but with him," his voice cracked while saying it. He just smiled at me but the pain was visible. He put a half moon pendant on me as he firmly held my hand and kissed above it. He stared at the sunset that was almost half.

"A-Aegiya," I uttered.

"The sunset is beautiful, isn't it, aegiya?" he said still not looking at me. A tear escaped from his eyes but it didn't escape in my sight. He quickly wiped it out and stood up. He didn't say anything as he pulled me into a hug. I could hear his little sobs and I felt so bad. He let go and smiled at me once again. He waved his hand to me while stepping back and once he was a meter away from me, he turned around and ran.

My tears that I have tried to control lately were now uncontrollable to stop. I was looking at him until he disappeared. I know I should've told him about it but I know I couldn't do it. I loved him once but it's not him anymore.

---->End of Flashback<----

Since that night, I didn't see him after. I don't know what happened to him but I was worried. I tried to ask his friends but they told me they didn't know where he was. After that, I haven't seen Theo as well. I don't know why they just disappeared just like that.

"Ms. Beverleigh," the woman called me and I quickly stood up.

"Yes?"

"This way," she led the way to the office of the person that was gonna be my boss. It's my first interview today to this huge and popular company that everyone dreamed of working. She knocked on his door first and my future boss let me in with his back to me. He was looking out the window. I sat on the chair and took a deep breath.

"G-Good morning, sir," I greeted him. The moment he faced me, I seemed to be engulfed in fear because of the way he grinned. I was shocked when I recognized who he was. I'm afraid but I'm trying to fight that fear. I can't move where I'm sitting.

"Good morning to you, too, Ms. Beverleigh. I'm so glad I see you again after that masquerade ball. Well, since you want to work here, I don't need to interview you anymore. If you're wondering why, I'm just waiting for you to apply here and you did. You're starting your first day as my personal secretary tomorrow, understand? You can't back out anymore because I signed these papers," he stated. I was speechless. I couldn't believe that...he's gonna be my boss?!