He froze, and sat back down on the stone floor.

"That's more like it. Don't worry. Your omega will be safe. With me that is. Perhaps I'll even make him my mate. He has rather good genes from what I've seen."

The prince gave him the most hateful glare he'd ever seen.

"Anyway, I must go. Have fun rotting."

Python turned and left.

____——____——____——____——____——____

Jasmine and Amelia stood in one of the towers of the castle, where some of the less combat capable servants were hiding out for safety.

"... Do you think they'll be okay?" Amelia asked softly.

"Who? There's a lot of people who are going to be risking their lives today." Jasmine asked with a tilt of her head.

"You know who I'm talking about. I mean Prince Cole and his fiancee. I'm worried. They'll both be deep in the Serpentine territories. I'm worried. I know there won't be a lot of people there, but I can't help it."

Jasmine smiled and placed her hand on Amelia's shoulder.

"They will be fine Ames. They're strong. And did you see the look in Prince Kai's eyes? I don't think even an army of people could stop him."

Amelia chuckled.

"Yeah, you're probably right."

Jasmine and Amelia discreetly linked hands and gave each other a comforting squeeze.

____——____——____——____——____——____

Johnathan was preparing weapons for battle when Ocean came and sat next to him.

Johnathan glanced at them for a moment.

"Hey. What's up?" He asked offhandedly.

"... I'm scared, JJ." They whispered.

Johnathan looked up at them properly.

"... Yeah. I am too. We're about to go into a war that's been brewing since before we were born, with people who have killed hundreds of people. Who wouldn't be scared?"

"... When this is over, I'm gonna visit my mom again." They said firmly.

"Yeah, I probably will too. I might even come with you to visit Auntie. It's been a while since I've seen her."

"She'd love that. I think she like you better than she does me." They joked.

"Ah, you know that's not true. Auntie loves you. She's your mom."

"Yeah, I know. But I still think you're her favorite."

The two of them shared a laugh.

"... Stay safe, would you?" They asked quietly.

"You know I will. But only if you do too." He shot back.

They chuckled.

"I will."

____——____——____——____——____——____

Kai watched as Serpentine soldiers poured out of the treeline, and they were met with many soldiers in return.

Kai quickly mounted Jet and set off, just far enough away to not be noticed.

He had to avoid being spotted by the Serpentine. They couldn't afford any setbacks.

...

Well, they probably could, but he didn't want to!

He rode off as fast as Jet could possibly go, and then pushed him just a little harder.