Leaving

The following week was the slowest of Kai life. All packing, and preparation and planning.

And yet it also passed much to fast for his liking.

All to soon he was standing in the courtyard saying his goodbyes.

"Do you have to leave?" Lloyd asked with little tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, greenbean. I'm gonna miss you so much. But I'll be back before you know it. And I'll be back for your birthday next month. That's not to long to wait." Kai said attempting to comfort his little brother.

"You promise?" Lloyd questioned.

"I promise." Kai picked Lloyd up and hugged him tight.

"Be sure to cause some mischief while I'm gone, okay?" Kai added.

Lloyd smiled and nodded enthusiastically.

He put Lloyd down and moved over to Nya.

"I'm gonna miss you..." Nya said quietly.

"I'll miss you too. But we'll be okay. I've got Skyler, and you have that Omega boy."

"He has a name!" Nya yelled indignantly.

"And I can't remember what it is!" Kai called back, running to his parents.

He stopped and looked up at his parents.

It always annoyed him how much shorter he was than everyone else. Even his mother was a whole have inch taller than him. And Nya had a inch and half of height on him.

"Take care of yourself." Kai's father said placing his hand on Kai's shoulder.

"I will, Dad."

"I'll miss you so much, Kai. I love you darling." His mom said placing a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you too, Mom."

He walked away from his family towards the castle gate waving as long as they could see each other.

When he got to the gate he met with Skyler.

"Hey Skyler." He greeted.

"Hey." She said in response.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

"Are you?"

Kai was silent.

Was he ready?

This was all so sudden. Just a week ago he was stressed out of his mind because he didn't want to lose the kingdom.

Now he had four months to get to know someone before they got married.

He sighed.

"I'm really not sure. This is all kind of sudden."

Skyler just nodded.

"Anyway. We should get going now if we want to get to Gaya before sundown. You know how dangerous it is to travel at night what with all the rebel attacks recently."

Ah yes. The rebels. A group of people who seemed to have a grudge against royalty.

They said they disagreed with the power imbalance between commoners and royals. Which Kai honestly agrees with. There is a big power imbalance between commoners and royals.

But someone has to have control. Without control there's chaos. And with chaos comes destruction.

But the rebels don't seem to grasp that. They just follow their leader blindly.

While most of the rebels are rumored to have just come from scattered kingdoms with tyrant rulers, their leader is beloved to be as different story.

(A/n can you guess who the rebels are? They are shown in the show, I'm not just making up characters)