Oh

I am... So fucking tired. Sleep decided it wanted nothing to do with me last night.

But aside from that I'm alright. My brain decided that I absolutely had to write right this second or the world will end. So now I'm writing.
_____________________________________________

Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

This is bad.

He couldn't actually be...

No, they weren't- he wasn't- he couldn't- they were just friends, right?

Just friends in a totally normal, platonic, non-romantice relationship. Right?

If so, then... Why did he feel like this?

Kai knew Cole was gay, everyone did, but Cole couldn't possibly like him.

Like, Cole was so tough and strong and kind and thoughtful and handsome and Kai was just... Kai.

There was no way someone like Cole could have feelings for someone like him.

So... Then why did Kai love him so much?

It was obvious to him now what the warm feeling was.

It was love.

And not platonic or familial like he was used to.

He loved Cole as much more than a friend.

He loved Cole. He loved Cole... Like a husband.

He wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of his days with Cole. Ruling over a kingdom together. Maybe with a few pups running around.

He wanted that so bad.

But... He doubted Cole did.

Of course, they would have to spend the rest of their days together ruling over a kingdom. And they would have to have at least one pup.

But it wouldn't be the same.

Kai wanted to do those things as lovers, not friends. But how could Cole ever want more?

They sat in the garden for who knows how long, Cole admiring the scenery, Kai having a inner meltdown.

Suddenly, Cole spoke.

"Well, we should go back inside. It's very late now and it's kind of cold. Don't you think?"

Due to his naturally high body temperature, Kai actually hadn't noticed the biting cold. But now that Cole mentioned it, he could feel a sort of chill against his skin.

"Yeah... We probably should..." Kai agreed.

Cole raised an eyebrow at the quiet, almost monotone, words. But he said nothing.

Cole stood up and extended a hand to Kai.

Kai could feel his cheeks warm as he took the taller man's hand.

And though neither said anything about it, neither wanted to release the others hand.

So they held hands the entire walk through the castle.

By the time they made it back to their room it was nearly one in the the morning.

Though they were both hesitant to let each other go, they did inevitably separate so they could get ready for bed.

Both were lost in thought the entire time.

They were both having concerns about the others willingness to get married, and wishing the other loved them like they loved the other.