Kai's Boutta Go On A Killing Spree~!

Kai was pretty sure he was dying after he heard that. Surely he had to be. After all, he definitely felt like his world was crashing down around him.

"He... He what...?" He asked shakily.

"The... The Prince has been captured." Johnathan repeated.

Kai felt a sudden rush of feelings. He couldn't decide whether to start sobbing, simply collapse on the floor, maybe vomit, but most of all, he was angry.

No, not even just angry. He was absolutely furious.

Not at Johnathan of course. Johnathan is perfect, he has done nothing wrong and we love him.

He was angry at the stupid snakes who took husband to be.

He wanted to rip those bastards to shreds. He couldn't describe the ways he wanted to make those assholes suffer.

Kai took a step back, and then turned around.

"I... I need a moment." He said, voice cracking as he sped through the crowd.

He barely registered anything as he ran through the many halls.

He finally stopped when he closed the door to his and Cole's bedroom.

He shuffled towards the bed and collapsed on Cole's side of the bed.

He shoved his face into Cole's pillow, took a deep sniff, and started sobbing.

He felt like he couldn't move. He couldn't think either, because everytime he did, he thought about Cole and then he felt like he was sick.

He doesn't know how long he laid there, just crying.

He didn't hear the door opening.

He only noticed when the bed dipped next to him.

"Hey, Kai..." Came the soft voice of Skylor.

"How are you feeling?" She asked gently.

"Horrible. I feel like I just got ran over by a horse." He mumbled into the pillow.

Skylor nodded.

"I understand the feeling."

She leaned against the headboard and began carding her fingers through Kai's hair.

"I remember when I lost my mother. That was one of the worst times of my life. I cried for days. And there was nobody there to comfort me, since my father was basically always busy with... You know."

There was a beat of silence.

"Anyway, that's not the point. I just want you to know I understand how you're feeling, and I'm here for you."

"... Thanks, Skylor." He said quietly, turning his face out of the pillow.

"Don't thank me. What are friends for?"

She smiled.

He gave a weak smile back.

"Would you like me to stay here with you for a while?" She asked gently.

Kai nodded.

Skylor laid down next to him, and they laid together for a while until Kai fell asleep.

Skylor waited a few minutes to make sure he was really asleep before slipping out of the arms he had wrapped around her and getting off the bed.

She gently took off some of his accessories and his shoes, and she pulled a blanket over him.

She left the room and closed the door behind her.

Vania was waiting outside.

"Hi." Vania greeted quietly.

"Hi." Skylor replied.

They stood silently for a few moments.

"... Is Kai okay?" Vania asked remorsefully.

"... Could be better..."

Vania looked rather guilty when Skylor said that.

"I'm sorry." Vania said, tears coming to her eyes.

"Hey, it's not your fault." Skylor placed her hands on Vania's shoulders comfortingly.

"It is though. I was there. I'm supposed to protect Cole. And I didn't. He got captured." Vania looked down and began crying.

Skylor frowned.

"Hey. Look at me."

Vania looked up at her.

"It is not your fault. Nobody blames you. And I'm sure Kai doesn't either. You weren't the only one there, and if a whole team of soldiers couldn't stop it, how were you supposed to? Sometimes these things happen."

Skylor pulled Vania into a hug.

"Now come on. We should get some sleep. We're probably going to have a lot to do in the morning."

Vania sighed.

"Thanks Skylor. I suppose you're right."

Skylor took Vania's hand and they walked off toward their bedroom.

____——____——____——____——____——____

Kai woke up slowly. He groaned at the light and rolled over.

Remembering the events of yesterday, he was met with another wave of grief, and an even stronger wave of rage.

Those bastards were going to pay.

He was going to get Cole back. He didn't care what he had to do or who he had to kill.

He was getting Cole back. No matter the cost.

He got out of bed and quickly got dressed.

He stormed through the castle, people moved to make space for him. Not a single person questioned him. They all knew the cause of his anger.

He stormed right into the guards quarters.

All the guards looked at him and stood straight and at attention.

He scanned the crowd until his eyes landed on the person he was looking for.

Johnathan.

Kai pointed at him.

"Johnathan. I need you to tell me where you were when you were ambushed. Get a map and point it out to me."

Johnathan rushed off.

Kai pointed at another random person.

"You, get me a sword."

They rushed off and quickly came back with a sword.

Kai inspected it for a moment before nodding, which the guard let out a sigh of relief to.

Johnathan came back with a map.

He spread it on a table at pointed at a forested area.

"We were somewhere in this forest at the time."

Kai inspected the area and nodded again.

"Thank you."

Kai left.

He went up and out of the castle, straight to the horse stables.

Amelia turned to look at him.

"Your Highness?" She asked tentatively.

"Hello Amelia. I need you to prepare Jet for me."

"Of course." Amelia rushed around, preparing Jet for riding.

Once Kai was seated upon Jet, Amelia asked, "Where are you going, Your Highness?"

"I'm going to figure out where Cole is."

"Are... Are you sure that's safe?"

Kai offered Amelia a smile.

"Don't worry, Amelia. I'll be fine. The Serpentine are in more danger than I am."

He rode off in the direction of the forest.