War

Kai's eyes narrowed with anger.

Once the Serpentine soldier had finished talking Kai had left.

He thought over everything the soldier had told him.

Their overall plan had been to infiltrate the castle, kidnap Cole(though originally Kai was an option as well. But after he started getting more anxious he was, of course, more cautious, and would be harder to nab), then during the chaos they would do... Something to Kai. The soldier wouldn't elaborate on that and Kai wasn't super interested in pressing further.

He had also gotten the location of the Serpentine base out of the soldier, and he planned to go save Cole.

He didn't actually have a plan, but you know... Details...

"Your Highness?" A worried voice jolted him out of his thoughts.

"Hm?" Kai turned his head to see one of the guard captains, he couldn't be bothered to remember his name right now.

"I was wondering what the current plan is. And what the enemy soldier told you."

Kai nodded in acknowledgement.

"Right, you probably would be."

Kai thought for a moment.

"Gather the rest of the captains, as well as the rest of the guards."

"Yes Your Highness." The captain nodded and hurried off.

Kai turned to stare out the window. According to the soldier, they had two days before the Serpentine would strike, so not very long.

After not very long, the captain returned with a bunch of others.

(Of course with the only two who actually matter, Johnathan and Ocean. No one cares about the others.)

"Your Highness? What do you need?" Another captain questioned.

Kai turned to look at them.

"Well, the Serpentine have been planning to bring this kingdom to ruin for at least six months now. So they have an advantage definitely. But, they don't know that we know their plan. So, I think I've devised a plan that will give us a fighting chance."

"What is it?" One of the newer guards questioned hesitantly.

Kai began his explanation.

____——____——____——____——____——____

It had been two days now, the castle was essentially on lockdown all entrances were closed off except for one, which was heavily guarded.

No one was allowed in or out of the castle without explicit permission.

Guards surrounded the castle, and there were more inside preparing under guidance of the guard captains as well as the king and queen.

Kai though, Kai wasn't in the castle.

He was currently hiding out in the stables.

He needed to be able to make a discreet escape when the Serpentine showed up.

____——____——____——____——____——____

Pythor chuckled to himself as he entered the cell that held the prince.

The price snarled at him from behind the cloth around his mouth.

"How does it feel?" He hissed. "To know everything you cherished is about to come falling down?"

The prince lunged forward, only stopped by the chains holding him to the wall.

"Ah, ah, ah. Temper now. After all, I'll soon hold your dear omega's life in my hands. And who knows how your behavior will affect how I treat him."