Foreboding

I'm baaaaaaaaacccckkkkkkkk!

You miss me?

Cause I missed y'all.

I have been having a rough little while, but overall I'm feeling better than I was when I started the break. Feeling much less burnt out.

I wasn't sure how this chapter's gonna go, but hopefully it's to your liking.
_____________________________________________

It was a very immediate and noticable change.

There wasn't a single person who didn't notice the rise in affection between Kai and Cole.

And, honestly? Kai was happy about that. He wanted the whole world to know how much he loved his soon-to-be husband.

He and Cole were very touchy with each other. To the point where Skyler had actually told them to get a room at one point.

They did tone down the PDA after that.

But in private... They just got even more touchy as time passed.

It was now late November. It had been around a month since they had confessed to each other.

They had begun going over plans for the wedding, and it was just as mind-numbing as Kai had expected, if not more.

Everytime they came back to their room Kai would collapse somewhere, the bed, his desk, the floor, anywhere.

And Cole just laughed. He found Kai's antics very amusing.

And honestly, Kai couldn't be mad.

Everytime he turned to glare at Cole for laughing, he would see Cole's smile and any and all anger he had would melt away.

He was hopelessly in love.

He could not wait to marry Cole.

____——____——____——____——____——____

Only two more months.

Kai repeated it to himself as he sat staring out the window.

Only two months until he was getting married to the love of his life.

He was so lost in thought he didn't hear the door open and someone walk in.

"That's a real nice window, huh?" Came a voice, startling Kai out of his thoughts.

"Cole!" Kai exclaimed. "Don't do that! You scared me."

Cole just laughed unapologetically.

"Sorry, Firecracker." Cole said, placing a kiss on top of Kai's head as he sat beside him by the window.

"I'm serious though, what's got you so distracted? You were staring out that window when I left too." Cole asked, looking at Kai questioningly.

"Ah, it's nothing much. Just... Thinking." Kai replied.

"Thinking about what?"

"The wedding."

Cole smiled.

"Are you just that excited? That you'd think about it for like... Three hours straight?" Cole asked with a laugh.

Kai rolled his eyes.

"Of course I'm excited. But... I dunno. I keep getting this... Foreboding feeling. Like something bad is gonna happen." Kai explained.

"Oh. It'll be okay. I'm sure of it. And if anything happens, we can deal with it. We're strong, we'll be okay." Cole said in an attempt at comfort before wrapping an arm around Kai and pulling him close.