Captured...?

GUESS WHO'S BACK

IT'S YA GIRL

I'm back.

I'm back and better. I'm happier, on new meds, a better sleep schedule.

Oh and the author I mentioned who's account got deleted?

I found their new account! So that was super exciting. That alone has helped a lot.

We're approaching the end here! It's like, terrifyingly close to ending.

I'm scared
_____________________________________________

Time had passed. Security around the castle had increased, and multiple spies had been located in the castle.

It had been a shocker when they had discovered that Annabeth was a spy for the Serpentine.

She was pretty quickly thrown into the dungeons, and Kai would only admit to Cole that he had gone down to taunt her after she was thrown in.

And can you really blame him? Annabeth was kinda a bitch. Ain't nobody like her. Especially not Kai. Like, have you seen the way she treated him? He has every right to get back at her.

I'm getting off track.

So it was now roughly a week before Kai's birthday, and thus roughly a week before the wedding.

Kai was stressed, to say the least. He's getting married the day before his birthday, and pretty much everyone will be there. And then he has his coronation the day after his birthday, which even more people will attend! (Nothing on his birthday cause boy needs a day to relax)

Cole, ever the loving fiance, has been extremely doting and comforting. Kai wasn't sure he would've made it this far without Cole.

So, he was kind of upset to learn that Cole would be leaving for a while. Not long, just like a day or two. But still far too long for Kai.

"Are you sure you have to go?" Kai asked worriedly.

"Kai," Cole started. "It'll be fine. I'll only be gone for the day. What could go wrong?"

Kai gave him a stare that just screamed 'are you serious?'.

Cole sighed.

"Okay, maybe there are a few things that could go wrong. But they won't!" Cole assured.

"How can you be so sure?" Kai questioned.

"I just know. I'll be back before you know it, trust me!" Cole gave Kai a kiss to the forehead.

"I do trust you! But that doesn't mean I'm not still worried. Promise me you'll be safe."

Cole chuckled fondly.

"I promise."

Cole stepped away.

"Now I have to go. The later I leave, the later I get back. And we wouldn't want that, would we?"

"No, we wouldn't." Kai chuckled.

"I love you, Firefly. I'll see you when I get back."

"I love you too. Goodbye."

Kai watched Cole leave. And continued to watch in that direction even after he and the soldiers with him had long disappeared into the distance.

"You know he'll be alright, right?" Came a soft voice behind Kai.

Kai turned his head around.

"Lilly. I wasn't expecting you." Kai chuckled breathily.

"Why wouldn't I be here? I am his mother after all." Lilly teased with a gentle smile.