Chapter 14

The battle of Gray and Fukuru has finally ended with Gray the victor. On the floor Fukuru and Natsu lay unconscious.

'Gray Fullbuster... He's far stronger than the information I gathered gave him credit for.' Simon thought as he stared in amazement.

Gray started wobbling and held his injured shoulder. "Hurry... We've got... to find... Erza..."

'Or maybe his feelings for his comrades gave his magic a huge boost?' Simon questioned mentally.

"Natsu!! Wake up..." Happy begged as Natsu layed there.

"The world is spinning..." Natsu said with his eyes swirling.

'You managed to get yourself into a very good guild. Erza...' Simon thought as he blushed.

"It's a mountainous region, and the effect on the wavelength has meant countless revisions to coordinates!" A member of the magic council shouted. "Give us a slightly longer wave-length!" Another shouted. "Magical charge at 60%! Etherion Property Fusion complete!!"

 "Magical charge at 60%! Etherion Property Fusion complete!!"

"Twenty-seven minutes until we fire Etherion. When the Council Chair took ill, I never imagined we would be faced with a decision like this..." One council member with a long beard and pointed wars said.

"It couldn't be helped." Another shorter old member with his hair shaped like cat ears and a tail said as he leaned into his wooden cane. "The safety of the entire mafic world is on the shoulders of the remaining nine members while the chair is absent." He said looking at his ally who seemed distraught. "You worry too much, Org. Yes, it's a magical attack on another country without permission... but we're backed up by the international Safety Treaty, chapter 27, paragraph 4."

"I'm not talking about whether we're covered legally! This is Etherion we're dropping on their heads!" Org argued while shaking.

"It's Zeref!! The devil himself!! When you're taking on the devil, all you can do is pray for an angel's intervention!!" The cat-like member argued back.

Off in another part of the Magic Council building, Ultear and Sieg are having a conversation as they watch the Etherion power up.

"The time is almost here. Sieg-sama." Ultear said to Sieg. "Your eight year plan is coming to fruition."

"Doesn't it scare you, Ultear?" Sieg asked her.

"No. Not even slightly" Ultear admitted. "I will always trust you, Sieg-sama."

"I imagine so, hm? After all, there is no risk to your life." Sieg said, not taking his eyes off the machine.

"That's true." Ultear said before giggling into her sleeve.

"But I feel myself trembling. If I fail, I die." Sieg admits.

'If he fails, he dies?' Yajima thought mentally as he snuck up, using magic to make himself as thin as paper against the wall.