Chapter 9

Loke tells Lucy about his past, three years ago, in the Blue Pegasus Guild, Karen was being asked out by a group of men. She told them she couldn't go, so she summoned Aries the Ram, a Celestial Spirit for them. Aries told her that she is not meant to entertain men, but Karen ordered her to do it and she quickly apologized.

When they were about to leave, Karen and Bob started talking, and Karen said that spirits shouldn't talk back to their masters. Bob told her not to treat spirits badly, but she brushed it off, saying that spirits don't have feelings, they're just tools. Bob's face thundered, and he told her that spirits are living things, and if she makes them suffer, she will be the one suffering next.

Karen ready to punish Aries

Back at her room, Karen started beating Aries for making her look bad in front of Bob. She said that her punishment would be staying in the human's world for one week, and when Aries said she didn't have that kind of Magic Power, she brought out a chain, telling her how she would stay in Earthland for one week. But Leo, however, switched places with her, forcibly summoning himself. He threatened Karen that while he can handle mistreatment, Aries cannot. So if she mistreats her, Leo will not forgive Karen. Karen, shaking, asks for what options she had, and Leo tells her to release them from their contracts.

Karen tries to force him back, but since she doesn't have enough Magic Power, this fails. Leo then decided to stay in Earth Land for as long as she didn't release them. Since Karen did not have enough Magic Power, she wouldn't be able to summon other spirits, and therefore would not be able to go on missions. Also, when Leo came to the Human world by himself, he used his own power, not Karen's, so Karen is unable to close his gate. He retreated to the ruins and asks for Karen to look for him when she decides to let them go free.

In the ruins, Leo was getting exhausted by the minute. Karen came to the ruins a couple times and tried to negotiate her way out of the situation. When she failed to negotiate with Leo, she tried to beat her way out by beating up Leo, who didn't back down. Sometime later, he noticed that while he couldn't stop his life-force from eroding, he isn't suffering and exhausted like before. He decides to return to the city and forgive Karen, but Bob shows up and informs him of Karen's passing. Apparently, she took a job without Bob's permission, and since she couldn't summon any other spirits, she was killed. She grew impatient, and gambled on the fact a Celestial Mage can actually summon two spirits at once, if enough Magic Power would be released, but in the end, her body couldn't take it. Hearing this, Leo started to cry as he just wanted Karen to understand that spirits are not tools. Grief-stricken, he cried her name.

But as Loke starts disappearing, Lucy argues for his innocence which makes the Celestial Spirit King appear before them. Lucy is able to save Loke and add him to her collection of Spirits. To thank Lucy for saving him he gives her tickets to a resort and promises to show up if she calls him.

*Erza Pov*

The sound of fighting could be heard as I was making my way towards a vacant plain. As I reached my destination I could see Y/N and Mollusc sparing in the distance.

"*Huff* Those two are always going at it." I said placing my hand on my hip. While watching I gain an idea.

*3rd Person*

Y/N and Mollusc get in a deadlock. Mollusc holding Y/N elbow that was aiming for his face and Y/N holding Mollusc fist that was intended for his stomach. While pushing against each other the two had to dodge out of the way of a sword being swung at the two. Looking over standing strong in a battle stance is Erza in her Black wing armor.

Without a word she flies towards Y/N and swings her sword at him. Each slice misses Y/N just barely, keeping him on his toes.

"Grrr hrahhh!!!" Erza cried out as she swung her sword with an overhead strike. Y/N raised both his hands and caught the sword. Both parties attempt to overpower the other with no effect.