Chapter 20

After spending days planning everything, they were able to come up with a good plan that would lead the Newborns into an open field where they would easily finish them and put an end to everything right then and there. Jacob was having a hard time focusing, so they had to send him up into the mountains with Bella and Edward. The Cullens were fully fed and were powered up for a brutal fight with the Newborns, Sebastian reluctantly decided to join them because Julie wouldn't stop begging him.

"They're almost here." Alice called out.

The Cullens quickly snapped to attention and looked toward the treeline, even Emmett and André who were arm wrestling a few feet away, got up and joined them. They didn't know how big the Newborn army was and they didn't care, they just needed to end the battle in the field and not let it get to the town.

"We should put a bet on this, André." Julie said rolling her shoulders and jumping up and down on the spot. "Highest kill count wins."

"Oh, you're on." André smiled as he looked more determined.

"Throw me in that bag too." Emmett spoke up with a smirk.

"I want in on that." Sebastian said with a devilish smile.

Carlisle and Esme smiled at this, the kids always found ways to make a joke out of everything nowadays. It was André and Julie's fault mostly, because of their influence.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want in too." Rosalie said with a smirk.

André smiled as he stared at each of his competitors, Rosalie stuck out her tongue at him and he did a "I'm watching you" gesture.

"I'll keep score." Alice said.

"Alright!" Emmett said even more excited.

"Alice doesn't lie which means we get an honest ref. Which means no cheating." Sebastian said before glancing at Julie.

"Why you looking at me for?" Julie asked him with a frown.

"Because you cheat." André said.

"Oh, fuck off!" Julie said dismissing him with a wave of her hand.

They all chuckled.

Then they heard the sound of many footsteps coming from the treeline, many running feet. Then they got serious and stared at the trees as they waited in anticipation.

"Here they come." Emmett said his smirk widening.

Then the Newborns broke through the treeline and sprinted in their direction, the Cullens all ran down the field to meet them halfway. Sebastian, Julie and André dispersed into shadowy mist and surrounded them with their mist and blinded them. The Cullens moved in and started to attack the Newborns, Jasper knocked the head off of one before pushing another to the side.

Esme and Carlisle worked together and knocked a Newborn to the ground before crushing his head, Rosalie slid under two Newborns before grabbing the one behind and slammed his head into the one in front of him. The first one was stunned and that gave her enough time to finish off the second one before she ran up and took out the first one too, then she body slammed a female to the ground before chasing after another.

Jasper jumped over a Newborn before tripping it and crushed its skull, he evaded the hands of another Newborn before grabbing her arms and broke them off before beating her with them to death. A bit extreme but whatever, Emmett quickly overpowered a Newborn by pushing him to the side, then grabbed another before snapping its head off.

Then the wolves appeared and they turned the tide to a one sided fight, Alice was chasing after a Newborn before slamming into him before breaking his head off. She evaded the hands of another from behind before she spun around and punched her in the face, before slamming her to the ground and then tore her head off. Sebastian shadowed across the field and took down Newborns left and right, before he dispersed into mist in front of a Newborn and blinded him before grabbing his head and broke it off.