Chapter 5

"What you got?! What you got?!" André exclaimed smashing the controller buttons.

"Dang, when did you get this good!" Bella whined as she meshed her own buttons.

The two were at her place that night and were having a friendly match on a videogame called Tekken, so far André was beating her in every match they played. The pizza box that André brought with him was half empty with a few slices left, Bella and Charlie ate most of it but he didn't touch one slice.

"And Bam!" André said before his character killed Bella's character and he stood up with his hands in the air. "Woooo!! That's the match!"

"Fuck!" Bella said throwing the controller onto the table.

"André- 3 and Bella-2" André reported the match.

"You know I was this close to beating you and you know it." she said as she started to fix her hair.

"Sure, Cactus. Sure." he nodded at her mischievously.

She rolled her eyes at him.

"Great game though. I never had this much fun in awhile."

No problemo, Bells." he said sitting back down again next to her.

"No really, I've been missing Arizona and my mom since coming here and I didn't think I was going to get used to this but you came and now things are more bearable now." she smiled.

"Hey, that's what friends are for." he said with a smile before opening his arms. "Bring it in, baby girl."

She chuckled before moving in and hugged him, he held her tight and exhaled. It felt so good to see her again, after so long and they both had grown so much but nothing changed in their friendship. They were still the troublemakers that they used to be as kids, according to Charlie of course.

"Its getting late." she said as they let each other go.

"Oh, yeah. I should probably get home now." he said checking the time on his phone.

They both got to their feet and André grabbed his jacket and Bella picked up the pizza box and took it to the kitchen before coming back, Charlie appeared into the living room and watched them.

"You guys have fun?" he asked.

"Oh yeah. But as all things it has to come to an end." André smiled.

"Yeah, its getting late. School's tomorrow." Bella said with a small smile.

"Well, at least you're both responsible." Charlie smiled at them both. "It was good to see you again, André."

"Thanks, Charlie. Up top!" André said holding out his hand for a high five.

Charlie chuckled quietly as he gave him a high five, André laughed as he walked past him.

"Goodnight, guys."

"Night." Charlie and Bella said in unison.

Then they heard the door close behind him, they both stared at each other before they burst into short laughter.

"I like him." Charlie smiled at her.

"I know. He is something else." Bella agreed with a smile.

"I wouldn't mind seeing him here again." Charlie said before heading toward the kitchen.

"Dad...." Bella sighed with a smile as she hugged him.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing." she chuckled before letting go and heading for her room. "Goodnight."