Chapter 17

A few days passed and André was chilling at his house when he got a call from Edward, apparently he picked up someone's scent in Bella's house. He told him to get to the Cullen's house and André didn't waste a second, when he reached the house he made sure that Bella was alright first.

"Who was it?" Carlisle asked breaking the silence. "Someone we know."

"Just a stranger. I didn't recognize his scent." Edward said.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme pondered.

"I highly doubt that." André said from his place next to her.

"A passerby wouldn't have left Bella's father alive." Rosalie pointed out.

Then Jasper and Emmett came back into the house after tracking the scent from Bella's house.

"His scent disappeared about five miles South of Bella's house." Jasper said walking into the lounge room.

"Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle said with certainty.

"I wouldn't be surprised if it was Victoria." André said before laying his head on Esme' shoulder.

"I would have seen her decide." Alice pointed out.

"It has to be the Volturi." Edward guessed.

"I dont think it was the Volturi either." Alice said looking at Edward. "I've been watching Aro's decisions too."

"So we keep looking." Emmett said.

"We'll also take shifts, guarding Bella at her house." Carlisle decided.

"Another protection detail?" Rosalie asked a bit put off.

"Rosalie." Carlisle said looking at her.

"No, she's right." Bella pointed out. "You can't protect me, watch my dad and search for the intruder."

"And for Victoria." Rosalie added.

"And keep yourselves fed." Bella added as well.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless." Edward said.

"Well, I'm not gonna let you starve." Bella said feeling guilty for putting them through this. "Besides, I won't be unprotected. I have Julie, André and Sebastian too. Plus Jacob and Anna if she even wants too."

"Sebastian and Julie will help out to even out the load." André said before looking at Bella. "That is, if the packs will help."

She nodded.

            ...........................................

In the days that followed, the packs, along with André and his family and the Cullens had a good shift rotation guarding Bella's house. André's partner was Rosalie and they had a great shift watching Bella's house, they goofed off a few times before she told him countless times to get serious.

The following day, he was in the Cullen house after he and Alice went for a little stroll in the woods. They came to the house and she went upstairs while he made his way to the living room, he met Bella and Edward halfway as they saw Carlisle, Emmet and Jasper watching the news.

"Seattle is in a state of terror. The police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances." the news reporter said. "Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer. Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN."

"Its getting worse." Carlisle said turning off the tv. "We have to do something."

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage that they are reporting." Jasper spoke up. "Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous..."