Chapter 12-New Moon

André was in the Swan residence as he watched a game on tv, Charlie came downstairs and smiled when he saw him. It was Bella's birthday and André wouldn't miss it for anything, he wanted to be the first to wish her well. Now, he knew Bella didn't like celebrating her birthday after the clown incident during her 12th birthday, it took the celebrating spirit out of her and he knew to tread lightly when it came to her special day.

Then he heard her come downstairs and he quickly got off the couch and turned to watch her reach the bottom of the steps, she looked up and smiled when she saw him.

"André!" she said hugging him with a smile.

"Happy normal day, Bells." he said.

She rolled her eyes at this as they broke apart.

"Just say it. I know you want to."

"Happy birthday, Cactus." he smiled.

She nodded and smiled at him.

"So, he gets to say it but I don't?" Charlie said feigning offense.

"Its a best friend thing, dad." Bella smirked.

"Yeah. She was not the same after that clown thing five years ago." André said.

Bella whacked his gut and he recoiled at her strike, she glared at him before smiling at her dad.

"Don't listen to him." Bella said kissing her dad's cheek.

"Well, I wouldn't put it past him to not forget your birthday. At least I can count on him for that." Charlie chuckled.

"So, how does it feel to be free from school?" Bella asked André before grabbing her bag.

"Pretty awesome. The absolute freedom is refreshing." he said as he opened the door for her.

"Angela misses having you around. You two were pretty close last year ." Bella said as they walked down the porch steps.

"Yeah. I miss her too." he chuckled. "Though she still got you, in a way you and I are two halves of one thing."

"What? Like we're one thing?" she snorted.

"We literally think alike and you piss me off sometimes and vice versa." he shrugged.

"I feel bad for Rosalie and Emmett. That they had to graduate with you." she said with a smirk.

"Oh. Soon, Bella. You will join me on the other side." André said faking a Darth Vader voice.

"Still a whole year though." she laughed.

"Get in the truck before you get late." he said nodding at her red truck.

"Yeah, yeah." she said before opening the door and got in.

"I'll see you around." he smiled. "Tell Alice I'll meet her later at her place for the party."

"What party?" she asked a bit confused.

"You'll find out." he said before he dispersed into shadowy mist and took off.

"I'll never get used to that." Bella said as she watched the shadowy mist disappear.

She shifted the truck into reverse and backed out of her driveway.

...........................................

Later that night, André pulled up at the Cullen residence in a blue dress shirt that was unbuttoned with some black jeans and a black blazer. His hair was not in their usual braids, they were loose and they framed around his head and face in smooth strands. His family wanted to come too but due to the treaty that the Cullens had with the Quileute, it meant that Anna, Julie and Sebastian couldn't step on their land. André was an exception because he was mated to Alice.