Graduation

As I sit there curling my hair I could only think, this is it, I'm finally graduating from high school. My parents for the past weekend wouldn't shut up about how just yesterday it felt like I was starting preschool and now I was graduating from high school.

"My baby's growing up, and next thing I know you'll be having babies of your own." my mother cried.

"Awe mom don't cry were only going to be a state away and you can always come visit and we'll visit when we can." I stood up and went over and hugged my mother.

.....

As I stood behind the bleachers with a random guy at my side. Waiting for the ceremony to begin I watched as I saw Asher a couple rows behind me standing and waiting as well. After waiting for ten minutes we all heard the music start to play. With us walking out the view came to be. Thousands of family members and friends all sitting on the stands waiting for us to make them proud. As everyone got to their seat we were told to sit.

With each speaker coming up and awards being presented the time was dragging on. Finally it got to the diploma part. As we were told to stand up by rows, me being one of the first to go up was scary. Walking  to the stage I could feel my legs shaking and my heart pumping. In my mind all I could think was don't trip and don't fall. 

As I walked up on stage I felt my nerves calm, I didn't trip nor fall on my face, I was safe. I looked out into the crowd and saw Asher with a big smile on his face. As I looked around more I saw my parents with tears of joy in their eyes and clapping as my name was called. Making my way back down to my seat, I sat down and watched my friends and fellow classmates receive theirs I could see most of them with the same reaction as mine.

     After everyone sat down and the final words to us it was time to toss our caps in the air. As our count down began things became more real. I was going off to college with my boyfriend and all of my friends. This was actually happening. As soon as I heard three I tossed my cap up and went straight to find Asher. I finally found in in a sea of students.

I walked straight to him and as soon as her caught my eye I ran at him. As he caught me in his arms our lips meet, we never broke contact but I could feel my body sliding down until my feet hit the ground. What broke us apart was hearing our parents make their way to us gushing about their "babies growing up".

"Alright so now that our children are no longer in high school how about we go celebrate, and while were at it we have a couple of great things to tell you guys." Mrs. Davidson says.

  "Okay where to we'll meet you guys there after we turn in our gowns and receive everything we need." Asher told our parents.

     After we did everything we needed we walked over to where we parked and headed to the restaurant where we were meeting our parents. As we pulled up Asher got out of the car and opened the door before I could even move. Walking into the restaurant we went to where our parents were sitting. Both of our mothers had smug looks on their faces.

    "So we want to tell you something before we order." My mother said.

"We wanted to tell you before when you guys started going out but we didn't know how to" Asher's mom said.

"What can you guys tell us already!" I was becoming anxious.

"Okay well we lied about the house, we could of had it fixed or even bought a new one when it burnt down but we all wanted you two to get along and stop fighting and maybe even get together and you did so..." Asher's mom said a little weary.

"Really that's it that's all you have to say?" Asher asked.

"No we actually found a house and me and your dad start moving in tomorrow." she replies.

"That's great, did you guys think this upset us? We knew you wanted us together by the way you were acting but its great you guys bought a house again." I replied.

As we finally ordered our food and finished it was time for Asher and I to go to a graduation party someone at school was hosting.