Epilogue

Ocean Queen Lizzie lost her memories, but Wizard Gem, Shelby, and the Sausages worked together to cast a spell to being them back. Sausage also used his multiversal magic to refill the ocean, so that when Lizzie remembered everything she wouldn't forget it all again. The blissfully unaware pink-haired lady caused quite a few shenanigans before that, though. She'd forgotten who everyone was and what they liked or disliked, and somehow managed to get on everyone's bad side until the spell was perfected and she remembered everything. Then for some reason she roped Scott into singing a song with her while she got her Ocean Orb and turned into a blue axolotl again. 

           Pearl ended up burning and withering again like Sausage had feared, but Shelby and God Joel used their mastery over weather to make it rain and put out the fires, and ended up drenching Pearl quite a bit just to make sure she wasn't on fire in the slightest. After she protested for a few hours, saying that her plants were going to get overwatered, Shelby made the damp fog she brought go away and Joel stopped making it rain. However, just when the empress of Gilded Helianthia thought she was going to finally be dry, Lord Sausage threw a bucket of water over her for good measure.

           Almost everyone chipped in to help Joel rebuild his Mezalean Matral Palace, except the Jimmys, who said that they weren't that good at building and they would ruin the massive structure. The emperors who did help ended up mostly complaining that Joel built his megabase so big. The reconstruction took a while, but with the help of magic, the palace was back on its feet and looking glorious. Until you looked inside and found out how empty its interior was. 

           The Pixs went to check on Pixandria together, and were relieved to find it mostly intact. The archaeologist Pix was having a field day, spending time a thousand years into the past. He toured around the empires, helping out here and there with the rebuilding, but always left time to spend in the various ancient libraries. Pix was writing down as many notes as he could about the geography and culture and knowledge of the past, and fretted constantly about not having enough pen and paper. 

           The Lost Empire became even more lost than it had been before, swallowed up by new jungle plants that had sprouted after the flames died out, and when people tried to venture in to check on it, they came back out hours or even days later looking confused and uncertain as to where they were. Joey was the only one who could navigate around inside the rainforest, and he said that he could fix his empire on his own. He refused the others' offers of help, saying that he didn't deserve their sympathy, after what he did to them in his corrupted state. He did still eventually ask King Joel if Mezalea was free to hold Joey's citizens, because the anthropomorphic cats who had evacuated the Lost Empire needed a proper place to stay. Joel kindly agreed to let them live there for as long as they needed, and told the other emperors that if their citizens had similar problems, Mezalea's doors would be wide open for them. 

           Shelby, Pearl, and Princess Katherine helped her past self. The once cursed princess knew how to handle an empire ravaged by earthquakes, and Pearl and Shelby assisted in helping the plants grow again. It was a pleasant surprise for Lady Katherine when she found out that the life seed she'd planted had actually grown into a giant pink flower, and with her tender care, the flower spread more seeds everywhere and soon the Overgrown was living up to its name. Tiny saplings grew into enormous trees, flowers bloomed, and all the creatures of the land returned to frolic around the vegetation. The ecosystem was bringing itself back to life. 

           The Undergrove was burning like Gilded Helianthia was, but that was soon remedied. Shrub swiftly left to find the nether portal she'd seen in the future, and after some time of searching, she came back. And the lost gnomes came with her. Shrub introduced everyone to her parents, Fern and Rose Berry, and they were a likeable couple. They were overjoyed to see Shrub again and were proud of her and what she did, a teenager searching for her family and helping the other emperors along the way. Fern and Rose, and many of the other gnomes, insisted on helping Shrub's friends, the other emperors, in fixing their empires, and around the lands, at least one gnome would always be found assisting with a broken house, tending crops, or healing the wounded, up until the time when all the damage caused by the Rapture had been set right. 

           The Grimlands was completely destroyed. Its remaining citizens fled with Count fWhip to his sister's empire, Crystal Cliffs. The mountainous empire had been hit by falling debris, but it was intact and safe. fWhip decided, sooner or later, that the Grimlands was gone, left in the past, and that he couldn't rebuild it. Instead he and Gem merged their empires, and they ruled together, brother and sister. The tinkerer and magic citizens of both empires welcomed each other, and both sides tried to see what they could learn from the other faction, and what the other faction could learn from them. Eventually, though, there became no such thing as two factions in Crystal Cliffs, and the twin rulers led the land in peace for a long, long time. 

            The first thing Codfather Jimmy did when he reached his empire was to check in the Cod Church, and he found the Codfather Head sitting on the table waiting for him, just like Pix the historian had told him. He was worthy of it again, and Jimmy was happy. The dead cod that had died in the Rapture were buried and a memorial was given to all of them, and soon the water returned to the swamp. As Jimmy swam around, he saw new fry hatching from eggs, fish beginning to repopulate his empire. He smiled, went to look for his sister, and was glad to find that her empire was repopulating as well. 

           Most of the emperors had no idea how Sausage had managed to get Mythland overrun by blood sheep, blood sheep of all things, but that was what happened. Sausage tried to explain, saying stuff about how he sent his evil self to another dimension and how his evil counterpart had destroyed the Church of the Blood Sheep there or something like that, and now the blood sheep were mad at him for sending his evil self there and they were now falling from the sky. Gem muttered something about how only Sausage could get into a situation like that, and fWhip thought it was actually pretty funny to see angry sheep falling from the sky until Sausage reminded him that they were man-eating sheep. Suddenly it wasn't as funny anymore. Thankfully, the Bubbles fixed the blood sheep problem, and everything returned to normal. Or at least as normal as Sausage could get. 

           Scott took Xornoth to Rivendell, and on the very spot where he'd come face to face with his demon brother before Gem's spell brought them to the future, he told him everything. About his past self as Conal, about his deal with Exor, about his corruption, about how he'd attacked the emperors and tried to conquer the world. Xornoth had no idea what to think, but Scott just told him that he didn't have to think about it. It was all in the past, and the brothers never had to fight each other again. The twin souls hugged each other and they started figuring out how to uncorrupt Rivendell, because when Xornoth randomly teleported them all back to the day of the Rapture, no one had thought to bring Fae potions with them. 

           Eventually, when the Bubbles started warning Sausage, he called everyone to spawn for a meeting. No one sat down because there weren't enough chairs; there hadn't been enough seats even before the future emperors had come to this time period. Sausage of Sanctuary told them all that they'd done all they could for the past empires, and now it was time to go home. The Bubbles were worried that if they stayed too long time would snap and they couldn't do anything to stop it; leaving now would be the safest option. Everyone tearfully said goodbye and that they'd miss each other, and the Bubbles teleported the future emperors back to where they were supposed to be. 

           All the empires, past and future, were at peace for a long time afterward. They tried their best not to start wars and helped each other whenever they could. Despite how Gem's time travelling spell had been a mistake, all the emperors had learned and grown from the mishap, and now, in both the past and future, everyone was safe, alive, and well.