Chapter 8 - Twin troublemakers

fWhip wandered around the empire of his reincarnation, slightly bored. He and Count fWhip of Gobland had been blowing machinery up all week trying to tinker around and have fun, and they'd bothered Gem so much that she'd left to go talk to Great Witch Shelby rather than make sure her twin stayed out of trouble. When she was that frustrated and didn't care what fWhip did anymore, then they really knew they'd bothered her bad. 

           The fWhips both really loved loud noises and explosions, and exploring Gobland was also pretty interesting, considering the architecture and fancy tech lying around, and the railways were so fun to ride on it was like an amusement park, and the markets too, where he had managed to get a new set of clothes to replace the ones that had been damaged by the Grimlands explosion, while keeping his favorite scarf of course. But right now, Count fWhip of the Grimlands was slightly bored. He wanted a change of pace, at least for a bit, before he went back to raucously destroying all of the machinery in Gobland. 

           "Oh, is that what my face looks like when I'm bored?" fWhip jumped at the sound of his own voice before realizing it was his reincarnation. The goblin's shock of ginger hair and his enormous ears were some of the only ways he could recognize him, because otherwise he was so short and green that he blended into the crowd of other goblins, and it was difficult to remember that they were technically the same person. And being short also meant that it was easy for him to sneak up on people, apparently. 

           "Yeah, I guess. I want to do something different other than blow stuff up for a bit, and if my voice sounds weird that's because I don't think I've ever said that sentence before." "Yup, me neither. Hey, you wanna go bother Jimmy?" "Which one?" "The toy sheriff; I haven't bothered him yet since you guys got here."

           fWhip considered for a second, toying with his scarf, freshly washed of ashes. He liked bothering Jimmy, but he technically was supposed to be better allies with him after he had offered to use the Grimlands forge to make him a new Codfather head and Jimmy wouldn't like it if he bothered him again. Then again, if it was Jimmy's reincarnation, then that shouldn't be too much trouble. "Okay, I'm in. Which way to Tumble Town?" 

           On the flight to the mesa fWhip was very, very scared on the way. He had lost his elytra in the explosion and being underground all week he had forgotten about the need to fly to reach different empires, so his reincarnation had decided to just bring him the whole way himself. And by that, he meant fly to Tumble Town with his enormous ears whilst carrying his past self.

           And his past self feared that at any moment the little goblin would drop him and he wouldn't be able to stop himself from dying to fall damage because he didn't have an elytra, slow falling potion, or even a water bucket. But his future self was better at flying and carrying heavy things than he gave him credit, because they made it safely to Tumble Town without any accidents, which was even more surprising considering how much his railway system contributed to the mortality rate. 

           They found Sheriff Jimmy talking to King Joel about the whereabouts of Ocean Queen Lizzie and God Joel, something neither of them knew. "Oh, fWhip, er, fWhips," Joel said. "Have you seen Lizzie anywhere? My wife Lizzie, and that unfairly tall version of me?" The fWhips shook their head.

           "Have you checked Stratos?" "That's what Jimmy said," Joel grumbled, gesturing at the tiny sheriff, "but I don't want to get up on those floating islands until the sheriff gets my elytra back from those bandits who stole it." "I'm working on it, Joel!" Jimmy practically shouted. "Well, work harder, sheriff, that's your job." 

           "Uh, he's not a sheriff, Joel, he's a toy sheriff," the goblin said patiently. Immediately Jimmy fizzled up. "I'm not a toy!" This time he really shouted, even going so far to take his sword out. Joel and Count fWhip of the Grimlands were surprised at his reaction. He sounded really hurt.