Chapter 15: Lawbreaker

Chapter 15 - Lawbreaker

You heard the door clang again and when you looked up, you saw Kepler walking in your cell this time. His blue eyes glowed menacingly under the dim light of the torch.

"I told you to stay put, you shouldn't have attacked her," Kepler grunted as he took steps closer to you.

"I didn't, she attacked me first. I didn't move an inch," you spit out blood.

"You expect me to believe you?" Kepler sits down on the edge of the bed next to you and you move away from him warily.

"Don't you dare touch me," you glare at him.

Kepler sighed. "You know, you'd actually be much more attractive if you weren't so hissy and aggressive," he suddenly shifted closer to you, eyes turning into a mocking glare. "Now that I look at you more closely, you're actually kind of hot."

You glared at him and slowly backed away to the wall. Even making small movements hurt because of your now bruised-up leg and stomach.

"Maybe if you weren't involved in all this, I would've considered going for you myself," he smiled and you felt a shudder when you saw his hand slowly make its way from the bed and to your thigh. You froze, not daring to move. If Johanne was crazy enough to beat you up, there's no saying what this sketchy scumbag MP would do. You felt his hand on your thigh, starting to make its way up to your hips.

Your eyes widened and you looked outside the cell. The cell door is closed, and there is nobody outside. Is it locked? Is anyone there? Maybe if it isn't, you could kick him right now and make a break for it. Kepler starts to lean in closer to your body, his hand now on your hips.

Is he armed? MPs usually carry guns, don't they? If you attack and he shoots you, you're really done for.

"Get your hands off me, bastard," you growled.

"You're not resisting though," he smirked, his body now hovering above you. "If you keep calling me names like that, then I'll really have my way with you."

"No you won't."

Your eyes shot open. That voice, it sounds like–

For a moment, you saw a blur, and then an instant, a dark figure towering over Kepler's body. Something struck the back of Kepler's head, you heard a crack and then shouting. Kepler was ripped away from you by a pair of frighteningly strong arms.

You held your breath. The figure has his back turned to you, but you saw a familiar crown of jet black hair with a buzzed undercut.

And that person is unmistakably–

"Levi?" you gaped. You stared at him holding the back of Kepler's neck against the stone wall. Suddenly, the mountain of emotions and anger you had been holding back the past few days crumbled to the ground. You were just happy and relieved to see him again. He turns around to look at you, and although you saw his features softening a little at the sight of you, you caught a brief flicker of a murderous gleam in his black eyes.

Levi took a good look at you, a streak of blood falling down the right side of your face, bruises on your dirty body, hands bound with handcuffs, and eyes brimming with fear and confusion.

Blood stains were visible on your sleeve, and your cheeks were uncharacteristically pink, as if they had been slapped. You had been assaulted and harmed. His face contorted with anger, emotions erupting in flames. Levi tightened his deathly grip on Kepler's neck.

"Which one of these hands did you use to touch her?" Levi said, positively wrathful.

"Who are you? Let go of me!" Kepler yelled, the grip on his neck so strong that he could barely look back to see his perpetrator.