Chapter 11: Crush

Chapter 11 - Crush

Your ex-classmate and ex-colleague from the previous hospital you used to work at. Your ex-crush and ex-potential boyfriend. Wavy blond hair, stunning blue eyes like pools of sapphire – he looked as charming as always. You last saw him on the day you left for the Survey Corps, and wondered why the hell he was here.

"Luca?" your eyes widened, turning to greet him fully.

"Nice to see you again," he smirked. "I'll have you know that Wall Rose General Hospital has not burnt down since you left."

Levi darts his eyes from the strange, blond man and to you. Back to him again, then you again. Who is this man and why does he know you?

He flickers his gaze to you, questioning and waiting.

"Ah, Captain, this is Luca Steinhauser. He's my ex-colleague and friend from Wall Rose General," you introduced Luca to him. Levi silently notes how tall he is. "Luca, this is Captain Levi, kind of my boss in the Survey Corps."

"It's an honour to meet you in person, Captain Levi of the Scouts," Luca salutes and beams nervously.

"Likewise, Y/N's friend," he said in a flat tone. Levi was quick to sense the blond man's impatience to talk to you alone and catch up. It bothered him too that you looked eager to talk to him as well. Not wanting to be an unwelcome presence between a reunion of two friends, Levi says he will leave the two of you alone.

"I haven't seen you in so long," he said, big blue eyes brimming with joy, "I can't believe you're becoming a Section Commander!"

"Yeah, it's been a crazy journey. How are things back in the hospital?"

"Oh same as usual, the interns miss you," he said. "Also, you look great tonight!"

Yet another man added to Levi's mental hit-list. He can still hear your conversation with Luca from the distance. It's not that he wanted to eavesdrop, he just can't help but listen in. Completely by accident and against his will.

It disturbed him to see a random blond boy fluttering all over you, offering you a glass of champagne. What's with you and blond boys? You were attracting them like moths to a flame. First it was Mario, then it was Erwin, now Luca? Well, Erwin didn't really count, but Levi did feel a pang of jealousy when he found out he picked your dress for you.

You've been talking to Luca for the past fifteen minutes, the longest time you've spoken to a single guest all night. This blond dude was practically checking you out and touching your shoulder too, and you somehow did not seem to mind. You laughed for like the tenth time in a minute and Levi wondered what you two could be talking about that was so exciting.

"Luca Steinhauser," a random voice chirped behind Levi, as if answering his thoughts. Levi glared at the person who suddenly intruded his personal space. It was Mario, happily chewing on a piece of lemon tart.

"What?" Levi said.

"That chatty blond dude," Mario continued. "His name is Luca Steinhauser. I heard he works at her previous hospital."

"I know that."

"I heard he recently got promoted to head of general surgery in his hospital, so he's attending this dinner as a representative for his hospital."

"Why are you telling me this?"

Mario ignores him and continues talking. "And I heard that he used to have a crush on her."

A ripple broke throughout Levi's previously unperturbed expression. His eyebrows were furrowing so hard he thought he'd get a facial cramp.

"Nosey brat. Who knew you were such a gossiper," Levi scoffed.