22. SEARCHING FOR TRUTH IN DARKNESS

**LAST CHAPTER**

Eight years went by, and Kathleen still hoped for justice, but things didn't go her way. No evidence was found for the murders, and Sara and Liam's bodies, along with 97 others, were still missing. Joshua, by now, seemed like a person who never really existed; just a name he used to get close to Kathleen. Despite the time passing, Kathleen still didn't know his true intentions. Was he killing people for pleasure, like a person who enjoys seeing others suffer? He seemed like a real monster.

On her parents' 8th death anniversary, Kathleen visited their grave. On the way back, she saw a park and sat on a bench, watching kids play and couples taking happy pictures. It made her smile, but a thought lingered – could someone here be like Joshua, pretending to be good while planning something harmful? The accident from eight years ago still haunted her, and no one believed her when she talked about it. She stopped making friends and kept her distance from people. As it got dark, she headed back home.

After changing into pajamas, Kathleen lay on her bed, closed her eyes, and hoped to wake up the next morning to news about Joshua's true intentions being revealed, his arrest, and punishment, along with a proper funeral for Sara. For eight years, she slept with the same hope every night.

Life doesn't guarantee a happy ending for everyone. Sara lost everyone and was killed by someone she trusted. Liam, unloved by his parents, was used by Joshua to harm the person who trusted him. Kathleen witnessed it all but couldn't do anything. The guilt still weighed on her heart, and every day, every minute, she hoped for justice.