7. THE FINAL MINUTE

With only a minute left, everyone in the room stood up, their panic evident on their faces. They were all shivering, scared of what was going to happen once the timer ran out, except for Liam. He seemed to be the only one interested in finding out what would happen next.

With only 30 seconds left on the screen, Sara rushed over to Liam and asked, "Don't you have a plan?" Her voice was trembling with anxiety. Liam replied in a calm tone, "I do!" Everyone's attention shifted from the screen to Liam. "What is it?!" one of the participants demanded, pushing others aside. "To enjoy this tournament because why not," Liam responded with a smirk on his face.

With 10 seconds to go, Liam's reckless behavior drew concern from a fellow participant who rushed to him and exclaimed, "Are you serious? You want to die!" Liam however believed that his desire to survive made the tournament more interesting.

5 seconds to go, Everyone's eyes on the big screen
4 seconds
3 seconds
2 seconds
1second....
The room filled up with the heavy breathing sounds of the participants who were panicked and seemed to be fainting any minute "What...nothing happened" Sara said in a low voice with her eyes fixed on the screen

"Hello, Runners," the robotic voice boomed through the speakers, making everyone flinch and cover their ears with both hands. "It looks like you all waited eagerly for this game to start," the host said, causing everyone to flinch again. "This silence makes me angry," the host continued with frustration in his voice, but no one dared to say anything. "You are boring, Mister," Liam finally spoke up. "It's getting dark outside. Are we going to run in the moonlight? And what's with this one-hour timer?" Liam said with frustration in his voice.

"Hmm...Liam, you're always that excited, hmm?" Liam's facial expressions changed on hearing his name. "How do you know us!?" Liam asked in a demanding tone.

"I invited you all, so isn't it obvious that I know you all? Want to know how much I know you people? Kathleen, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, who love her more than anything else, and her friend Sara, who doesn't even have parents," the host laughed, making Sara's tears roll down her face and Liam angrier. "Shut your mouth!" Liam shouted with anger. "You're not allowed to say all this." Liam's voice was not calm, but the anger was being shown through his eyes.

"Why, though, Liam? How does having parents but not getting love from them feel?" the host said, making Liam tear up but with no expression. "John, who just cheated on his girlfriend, Maria who ran away from her house because she did not want to study, Emily who attempted killing herself because she did not get to eat her favorite dish...are you serious, but nevermind and David who just killed one of his classmates to get more numbers than him...so obsessed with your grades aren't you" The Host said while exposing the participants one by one

The room filled up with gasps of participants "Want to hear more?" The host said with a smirk "Shut up" Liam eyes turned red with anger "Who the hell are you!?" Liam Demanded the answer "It is looking like you are more interested in me than the game huh" The host said with a chuckle

"Should we start the game or not!? Or you want to know me more, hmm Liam" The host asked, Liam's eyes fixed on the camera "Start this freaking tournament, I don't want to hear your rubbish anymore" Liam replied with a Stern tone but no expression on his face "There will be 3 rounds full of adventure, Intense, danger, risk and nerve-wracking for you" The host's voice got excited "And Exciting for me"