9. CONFIDENCE, TRUST AND DOUBT

As soon as Liam entered the room, the door closed, making everyone scared about what was going to happen next. Liam took off his cap and ruffled his hair, then looked at Sara, who was kneeling on the floor with tears in her eyes. Liam went to Sara and kneeled in front of her, wiping her tears with his thumb and caressing her cheek. "Stop crying! You look ugly while crying," Liam said with a smile, but then got punched in the chest by Sara. "Why did you give us those coins?" Sara asked before hugging Liam tightly. Liam's eyes widened, and he looked at Kathleen, who also had tears in her eyes. "Don't make me wipe your tears too. You have a boyfriend, and he'll get angry at me!" Liam said, smirking and patting Sara on her back.

"I never told you about my boyfriend!" Kathleen's expression changed, and her voice sounded curious. "You did, huh? I remember you did," Liam stood up, leaving Sara still kneeling on the floor, and put his cap back on his head. "I clearly remember you did," Liam replied, not making eye contact with Kathleen. "But I never..." Kathleen's eyes widened as she looked at Liam for an answer. "Huh, Sara, get up. Your knees will hurt," Liam held Sara's hand, helping her get up from the floor.

"Answer me," Kathleen asked sternly. "Kathleen, you talked about your boyfriend. Now don't be like this. I don't like it," Liam's voice got loud, making Sara flinch and Kathleen more curious. "Stop it," Sara spoke up. "But Liam, tell me why you gave us those coins," Sara looked at Liam in his eyes. "I wanted to help, just that. I did not give coins to just two of you. I found many, and I gave them to other participants too. I gave one to Chris, so you can ask him," Liam finally stopped speaking, looking Sara in her eyes with confidence.

"But Chris is dead," Kathleen said in a low yet sorrowful voice. "What?" Liam turned to Kathleen. "You are kidding, right?" Liam replied, taking off his cap again and ruffling his hair. "Why would I joke about death, Liam? You are being so weird," Kathleen said, holding Sara's arm and making her get closer to herself. "I'm not being weird, Kathleen...Sara...believe me," Liam gave them an assuring smile.

"Hmm...thanks for the coin anyway," Kathleen said, turning her face from Liam and making her way back to the wall to sit and relax for some time. Liam kept watching both of them, his smile slowly fading away, and a smirk appearing on his face.