19. THE TRAGIC FINALE

"Who... are you?" Kathleen demanded, positioning herself in front of Sara. "You wanted to know, so here I am," the mysterious figure chuckled. Clad in a black coat with a masked face and cap, his deep voice sent shivers down Kathleen and Sara's spines. "You're the host," Kathleen stammered, her voice trembling. "Got it right," the host affirmed, slowly advancing towards them. "HEY!" he called someone, and as that person approached, Sara and Kathleen were struck with shock. "Liam?" they exclaimed simultaneously. "Yes, sir," Liam responded, standing beside the host. "Do your job," the host ordered Liam, pointing at the shivering Sara. Kathleen interjected, stepping in front of him, her voice on the verge of tears. "What are you going to do with her?" she pleaded. "Get aside," Liam commanded, pulling out a gun and pressing it against Kathleen's forehead. "I said get aside," he repeated, prompting Sara to rise from the ground. "Kathleen, let's finish it," Sara uttered in disbelief, realizing the friend she trusted had betrayed them. "No!" Kathleen screamed, covering Sara with her arms. The host, frustrated, summoned his men to separate Kathleen, who was now being dragged away while screaming in protest. Sara, standing alone, wiped away her tears as Liam regretfully placed the gun against her forehead and whispered, "I'm sorry."

In seconds, a gunshot echoed, and Kathleen's anguished cry filled the air. Blood surrounded Sara, who lay on the ground with a fatal wound. Kathleen, now standing with tear-streaked cheeks and vacant eyes, took a moment to comprehend the tragedy. Her vision blurred, she felt dizzy, and she sank to the ground. The host approached her, kneeling in front. "Congratulations, darling, you've won."