14. THE GOLDEN BOX

In the final second, the door swung open, capturing the attention of all seven participants, and leaving the room draped in an air of anticipation and uncertainty, Kathleen and Sara's hopes came back but also faded away when they those killers coming into the room with golden color boxes in their hands, Kathleen let out the breath she was holding and let the tears stream down her face once again, Sara Smiled while crying thinking about how foolish she is for waiting for someone she just must 2 hours ago

The timer on the screen disappeared and the names of the participants who survived the round came in green color while on the other side the names of participants who couldn't make it to the third round with written in red color having Liam's name on top of the list, Seeing that Kathleen and Sara burst into tears a total of 43 participants died in second round, Kathleen didn't knew that she should be happy on seeing herself qualifying for upcoming round or be sad for the people of died she do not even know

The killers, revealed to be the staff of this tournament stood in front of the screen with some boxes in their hands, suddenly the voice of the host boomed through the speakers echoing off the walls of the room "Congratulations runners, you seven are damn lucky" There was joy and excitement in the host's voice "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?" Kathleen shouted and stood up from where she was sitting and crying loudly "This is what you signed up for Kathleen even tho your boyfriend warned" The Host replied with a smirk in his tone, Kathleen's voice got back to normal as she asked from the host  "How...do you know?" Waiting for the Host's reply patiently "I know everything" The Host replied, happiness in his voice "But you should be thankful that you survived, you don't get to face the hardship that was Faced by the participants dead outside" The Host's voice turned serious "The one helped you did not get time to help himself, so you should be thankful" The Host laughed sarcastically, Kathleen had no more words she was standing there with Liam's diary in her hand "You all will get five minutes to rest, Look how kindhearted I am" The host laughed again, Kathleen sat again where she was sitting before "For Third round, as you can see my men in front of you, they have seven boxes for all of you, every box has your name on it make sure to get those boxes from but do not open them right now" As the host finished saying, the men approached the participants giving them boxes with their names on it "What's in this?" A participant asked "You will know it soon" The host replied, excitement in his voice "As you all got your boxes, keep them to yourself and do not open them, you all can rest for five minutes now"

Complete silence, everyone was busy looking at their boxes wondering what was hidden in them, Kathleen realized that it was time to see what was inside the diary Liam gave to her, Kathleen took a deep breath and opened the diary just to find a little note written in it for Kathleen, reading what was written in it Kathleen jaw dropped and she covered her mouth in shock looking here and there to make sure that no one saw her.