(A/N) What could have been

So I thought it would be fun to tell readers the original plans for this story, regrets, and scrapped concepts or storylines. (Of which there wasn't much.)

Tithonus is the Greek God of bugs in Greek mythology and was, at some point, supposed to be a direct enemy Percy fought. But... I didn't want to do too much for my first story.

Dionysus's blessing that made it so that Percy can't go insane was supposed to come up during Percy's trip in Tartarus. At some point, he would be near the edge, overlooking Chaos, and something about his psyche would crack. His vision would go purple, and then suddenly he would understand everything for about 5 seconds, and then just back away from the ledge.

Percy stabbing his knife into a mountain and making the mountain itself shake was planned to be foreshadowing for his absurd strength, which didn't end up being used much.

I regret the ending a little bit. Not the ending itself, I do like it, but I think that I should have separated the epilogue and final fight into two separate chapters.

Believe it or not, this wasn't originally supposed to include Chaos, and was originally going to be a Guardian of the Hunt story.

While I do think that the inclusion of Chaos was slightly unneeded, I really liked writing the edge of the universe bits.

The Gaurdian story was dropped, although remnants still exist, like Percy traveling with the Hunt for a couple chapters, and "Big Brother Percy."

The name P.A.P was originally supposed to be a bigger plot point, and I was looking forward to making an undertale reference.

In the battle where Percy goes nuclear, I wrote about 800 words for the battle before realizing that what I was writing would not get to the scene I wanted, so I deleted it.

When Percy sends a message to camp, I realized that the message conflicted with his attitude in the first couple chapters, so some scenes were completely re-written.

When I wrote this story, I wrote a chapter every day. I quickly started to get burnt out, and I think it affected the story. Adding a couple of chapters here and there and lengthening specific parts could have helped the flow of the story.

Percy's visions of the future was never planned. Well, none of the stuff with Annabeth was planned, but I'll get to that. When I was writing in lead-up to the battle with Gaea, the idea just popped into my head and I rolled with it.

When I started writing, I switched between past and present tense a lot, which was frustrating, and led to each POV having to be labeled past or present Tense.

There was supposed to be a lot more encounters with the gods, and they would almost always give the campers a hint as to his identity.

For example, Ares would call him a Seashell, while Apollo would call him a Riptide.

There was a scene back when it was still a Guardian story where some hunters get injured, and Percy mixes a bunch of different tartarus rivers in his flask to keep them alive until he can get them to Camp Half-Blood. It was going to be comedic and tense, but was eventually scrapped.

Annabeth was never supposed to get back together with Percy. Yeah. I'm serious.

Originally, this was going to be a Pertemis story. However, I had a conversation with someone ( it doesn't matter who,) and I voiced some frustrations about writers shipping Artemis with people, and how it kind of defeats some of her purpose. I then realized that I was doing the same thing.

While I did eventually end up writing Pertemis, I didn't for this story, even though I had a really, really good scene on the beach where Annabeth accepts that her and Percy are over.

Why didn't I write Pertemis anyway?

I really liked writing the Percabeth dance in the first chapter.

So yeah! That's mainly it, at least that I can remember right now. Thank you for reading, and give your thoughts on the changes if you're willing.

If you liked this story, feel free to read my others.

Goodbye and goodnight!