Chapter 1: Rewards ceremony (oh goodie!)

Past Tense Percy POV:

We were being rewarded for our efforts in the Giant War and for our efforts to help Apollo during his time as a mortal.

Me, Annabeth, and Grover had never made it to Camp Jupiter, as we got news of Jason's death and turned the car around to go to camp half-blood for the funeral, as it was being held there. After that, the gods decided to invite us to Olympus for rewards.

So now we were in the Olympian throne room, waiting for the gods to call each of us up for our rewards.

"DEMIGODS," Zeus boomed.

"For your efforts in the giant war and for helping Apollo on his mortal journey, we, the gods, shall offer you Godhood. Should you decline, you will be granted a wish, disregarding one of you," he said.

"Piper McLean, do you accept godhood?"

"I do, Lord Zeus."

"Very well, you shall be the minor goddess of charmspeak and blowdart guns."

Zeus shot a golden beam at her, and when it stopped, her aura was significantly stronger. He continued this with every demigod that was to be rewarded.

Frank became the minor God of shape-shifting, Hazel became the minor God of jewels and precious metals, Leo was made the minor God of blacksmithing and machinery, with Calypso gaining partial immortality so she could stay with him, Nico was made the minor god of skeletons and shadow-travelling, Will was made minor god of healing and light, Grover was made minor god of the wild, Thalia was made the minor god of lightning, and Reyna was made the minor God of tactics. Meg had decided not to show up, and you could see that Demeter and Apollo were disappointed.

Annabeth was second to last, and when she was called, I thought I knew what she would say. I thought she would decline the gift so we could live life like we had planned. But...

"I accept!"

The gods looked surprised, and I stumbled.

"Wise girl, why?" I asked.

She looked over at me and said

"Percy, you don't understand. Now, if you accept as well, we can live our immortal lives together, and I could build Olympus, Camp Half-Blood, and Camp Jupiter into even better versions of what they are."

"Annabeth, I thought you knew me better than that. If I'm able to help others before myself, I will." I said sadly, shaking my head.

She looked crestfallen, as if she had just now thought through her decision. She was made the minor god of architecture and wisdom, looking sad the whole time while her domains were announced.

"PERSEUS JACKSON," Zeus said, announcing that it was time for my reward.

"DO YOU ACCEPT GODHOOD?"

I looked around the room, seeing many of the gods holding their breaths, awaiting my decision. Hestia seemed sad, as she probably already knew what my answer was, and Poseidon and Annabeth were looking on, hoping I would accept. But they both knew what my answer actually was. You could see it in their eyes.

"I decline, Lord Zeus."

"Very well," he grumbled.

"For saving Olympus twice, and for your heavy contributions in both wars and Apollo's time as a mortal, we, the gods, are granting you 4 wishes instead of 1. And yes, we promise on the Styx to make them happen if it is within our power."

"Thank you, Lord Zeus. But before I use my wishes, I would like you to complete the promise you made to me after the first war, the one where gods would be honored.