Chapter 8: Running through the Labyrinth (and seeing Hyperion again!)

Present Tense Artemis POV:

I wake up to screaming.

"LADY ARTEMIS! HUNTERS! PLEASE HELP!"

The Hunters and I all rush out of our tents to see Hannah pointing at large, black coccoon with multi-colored swirls.

The Hunters aim their bow at the cocoon before I stand in front of them.

"Now, now, girls. There is no reason to shoot it."

"What? But my lady, it's a monster of some kind, is it not?" Pheobe asks.

"No, that is not a monster. That, my Hunters, is how Percy sleeps."

The Hunters share at it, shocked.

"What... is the cocoon made out of?" Thalia asks.

"It's not a cocoon. It's Percy wrapping his wings around him for warmth and protection," I reply.

"Now, I know this is confusing for you, but waking up early is good. We have more time to pack," I say.

"Wait, so we're just going to ignore him and let him sleep?" Reyna asks.

"No, I will wake him. Now, get to packing."

The Hunters leave to start folding up their tents and feeding their wolves as I walk up to Percy.

"PERCY!" I yell onto the wings, startling him awake.

His wings unfold, and he loses his legs grip on the tree branch he is hanging from, resulting in him falling on his head.

"Ow, Silver. You didn't have to yell," he says, standing up and rubbing his head, blushing when he realized the entire hunt saw and was laughing at him.

He does some stretches and asks, "When do we set off to the Labyrinth?"

"Once the Hunt is all packed."

"Oh goody. I can't wait."

"Percy, you don't have to worry. Your powers should lead us through the maze."

"And if they don't? What then, Silver?"

"Then me, you, Reyna, and Thalia flash the Hunt out of there."

"Alright, fine. It's a somewhat sound plan."

Good, he's on board. I turn to the Hunt, seeing them ready to go.

"Where's Percy's stuff?" Atalanta asks. She is always the one who makes sure nothing is left behind.

"I don't have stuff."

"Why not?"

"Everything I need is on me."

"Even spare clothes?" She asks, wrinkling her nose.

Percy gestures at his long sleeve shirt. "This is the Nemean Lion pelt. It doesn't get dirty. And my pants are magically enchanted."

"He's lying about the pants, I know he is. He just really likes them and doesn't have any spares lying around," I say.

The Hunters all wrinkle their noses, though more as teasing than genuine disgust.

"Ah, great, Silver, you ruined my reputation."

"Yes, and it was quite easy. Now, enough with that. Percy, get your... uh, "work clothes" on, and follow me and the Hunt. When we get to the Labyrinth, I will be trying everyone together with a rope, and you will lead. Got it?"

He nods and taps his earring, making his mask appear, and then turns his shirt into his cloak. It looks very menacing.

"Now, Hunters, remember your promise. Do not mention meeting or interacting with Perceus. when at camp, and just refer to him as Protector. Understand?"