Chapter 7: Monopoly and Hunters (and questions all abound.)

Present Tense Percy POV:

"I WILL DESTROY YOU PERSEUS!" Zeus yelled at me.

"Yeah, yeah, Thunderpants. Just gimme the 600 drachmas."

He grumbles and does. Then Hades goes. He rolls the dice, and... three!

"Yes! Just the number I needed!" He says, moving his piece three spaces forward and buying the last piece of property.

"Alright, everyone count your money!" Zeus announces.

We all count. I have 4300, Zeus has 1600, Athena has 8000, Ares and Aphrodite have 800, both Apollo and Hermes have 2200, Artemis has 3000, Hephaestus has 4500, Hades has 3300, Poseidon has 4200, Dionysus has 1500, Demeter has 4100, Hera has 4900, and Hestia has 5000.

"Athena wins again!" I proclaim, throwing my hands in the air.

Apollo laughs and elbows Hermes, who reluctantly hands him 20$.

"You were betting on the game?" Athena asks.

"Heck yeah! And I just made 20 bucks!" Apollo responds, with Hermes grumbling beside him.

"Alright, everyone, that's it for today. You all know the drill, same time next week."

The gods all flash away, other than Poseidon. He puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Percy, I think you know that it's time for you to get back to camp."

"Yeah, dad, I know. I made a deal with Artemis, and I'll be traveling with the Hunters to protect them until they get to Camp Half-Blood."

"Good, good. I love you, Percy."

"Love you to dad," I say as he flashes away. Now it's just me in the Olympian game room. Every week on Friday, the Olympians and I play a couple of rounds of a board game. Today, we played a modified version of Monopoly, so all 15 of us could play.

I stand up , stretch, and walk out of the game room into the throne room. (It connects directly.) I walk out of the throne room, unfold my wings, and take off to fly to the Hunters while reflecting on the past five years.

I went to Hephaestus for weapon upgrades. My dagger is now a throwing knife, just as strong as before, and will always come back to me, the gold sheathe is now a shield, my bow can now fire up to 1000 arrows at once, which will all automatically seek out monsters, and I can grow my wings so big that I can wrap myself in them like a cocoon. It's a nice way to sleep.

Then I made all my weapons tattoos on my body, Riptide became a tattoo of a wave on the back of my right hand, the throwing knife became a tattoo of a throwing knife on the inside of my right hand thumb, the shield became a tattoo of a watch on my left wrist (it tells time as well,) and my bow become a tattoo of the sun on the back of my left hand. My flask is still attached to my belt, and I have a mask that makes my hair and eyes flash multiple colors and covers the top half of my face. It, along with Damasens book, can turn into an earring. My Nemean Lion skin is usually a sweater or a t-shirt, but when I'm "on the job," it's a cloak.

For the past five years, I've scoured the country for demigods, always escorting them to either of the camps, depending on their parent, or to the Hunt if they were a girl hurt by a dude. When they ask my name, I just tell them to call me Pap.

It stands for Perseus Achilles Protector (I changed my last name to Protector when Hestia adopted me), but I don't tell them that. Across five years, I've found upwards of 500 demigods, maybe 550. I don't know, I don't keep count.

After I became a god, I asked the gods not to mention me to the campers or to the Hunt, outside of if I was alive. I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted them to know I was back. Now I know that I will tell them, eventually. Just not yet.