58: A Dance Of Affection

Afrah couldn't cease the smile on her face as she watched the way Jameel held Fawaaz close to his chest; rocking him back and forth gently. For her, it was a sight to behold. She couldn't help but marvel at the way his large hands seemed so delicate as they cradled the tiny head, and his eyes were fixed on the little bundle of joy with a look of admiration and love.

A sense of peace and contentment washed over Afrah. This was exactly what she wanted. A helping hand. She was glad that Jameel listened to her and was finally doing the right thing. "It's as if you've been waiting your whole life for this moment. Your movements are so smooth. You made him go back to sleep in such a short time."

"I told him to go back to sleep, and he listened. From all indications, Fawaaz is going to be an obedient child." Jameel smiled.

"I think he likes you more..." Afrah voiced. Despite spending many hours everyday feeding, changing, and caring for him, she couldn't shake off the feeling that he preferred his father for he didn't give him a hard time at all, plus, he looked so peaceful sleeping in his arms. "He does nothing but cry whenever I hold him."

"You think so?"

"Yes."

"I'm likable, that's why?" Jameel smirked. "Isn't that the reason you fell madly in love with me and chased me?"

"I did? Me? Afrah huffed and chuckled. "You were the one who fell in love with me first. I had to accept you after you begged all my friends for my number, chased me everywhere, and even kept texting me on WhatsApp even when I never replied to your messages."

"You're right," Jameel said, gently putting Fawaaz back in his cradle and sitting on the bed. "You did give me a tough time."

"You were obsessed with me." She said a playful smile on her lips.

Jameel's eyes crinkled with laughter as he threw his head back. "You were like a wild bird, always fluttering out of my reach. I had to apply my superpowers to be able to get hold of you. From the very first day I set my eyes on you, I knew that I had to have you. I already knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and trust me," he smirked. "I was able to get you to feel the same way about me in just a week. You couldn't resist this charm for too long."

Afrah sat beside Jameel on the bed and leaned her head against his shoulder. "When I saw you for the first time, I instantly developed a liking for you, but I had to play a little hard to get."

"Oh!" Jameel exclaimed. "That was it?"

Afrah chuckled. "You didn't expect me to accept you so easily, did you?"

"The truth is, I did...I was so used to getting love confessions from girls and rejecting them. And for every girl I approached, I never got a no from any. At first, I thought you were like the rest. I thought you were going to be all over me, but you proved to be different when you refused to give me your number. I tried to get it from your friends but it still didn't work."

Afrah shook her head against his shoulder.

"Everything about you was unique. From the way you walked to the way we conversed. I loved everything."

"I don't like the use of past tense."

"I love everything," Jameel corrected. "And I love you. So much. You're my life, Afrah."

"I love you," Afrah kissed his shoulder. "when you're not annoying me."

"Does this mean your love for me is conditional?"

Afrah hummed her response.

"That's unfair because even when you nag and nag and nag, my love for you doesn't go away. I even end up apologizing to you even when I'm not wrong."