❄️Match❄️

The day unlike any other day had me having knot tight underneath my belly, my parent or should are say elders are going along with my father supposed representative which he also volunteered to tag along.

"You haven't eaten anything fah ansar"

My mom reminded from the kitchen where she was busy.

"Ummi am not that hungry, I had a bit of sandwich at laylah"

Walking towards the fridge at the further end of the kitchen to get a can of water just to kill time waiting for my father and his cortège consisting of my uncles and his friends.

And soon we set to rahils house to ask for her hand in marriage which only means we are getting engaged and it's official, our cars set in convoy as I was in the middle of my two cousins who couldn't help keep there loud voices to themselves they banter as we drive.

We where five in the car, the driver and one of my cousin in the passenger while three of us behind.

We where warmly welcomed into the house, ate to our brims. The elders set out laughing and joking admits themselves almost forgetting why, we where there making my nervousness grew some more.

Searching for rahil but did get a glimpse of her as laylah told me she was out with few of her cousin as per traditional making me feel more anxious.

And soon there nitty-gritty seems to have come to and end as they all got serious and started up with my uncle my father immediate brother, his line where cheesy about having seeing a flower in there garden and came to ask if it could be taken.

They all roared into fit of romp, just how impatience they where making me get, and it was as if everything was fast forwarded as I sat under the soft rug seeing as my uncles paid for the dowry and everything and it was sealed like I was married officially to rahil.

Wasn't everything going on too fast I thought instantly getting this feeling I couldn't depict like I was now a married man like just how more those everything sounded like a dream to me but everything was crystal clear bare before my widely open eyes that I was indeed a husband.

My cousin couldn't help but keep teasing me of just how lucky I was and that we where match made from heaven and they couldn't wait to see who it was I was so smitten by.

...

The call was picked, hitched of her breath greeted my ears before her voice which came in hush tone, I guess she was with her cousins.

"How did it go"

Her voice now clear from the other end, she found a much calm place after our pleasantries which was a couple of how are you.

It was as if I was tongue tied not know how to start explaining to her that we where now married like she was my lawfully wedded wife,
"Your making me worried"

Her voice came again pulling me out of my train of thought,

"You shouldn't be we are matched"

I said everything in one breath not even knowing how I did that but, my statement made her more relaxed before she threw another question my way.

"Has the date been fixed or anything"

She asked further, making me chuckle if anyone could listen to our conversation going on at the moment then one could think we are madly inlove and couldn't wait for the knot to be tied so we could all be left to ourselves. But our case here was different and we are already married.

"Should I come pick you up"

I decided, I should break the new to her physically just so I couldn't miss her expression which I can't even predict, when it comes to rahil one can never predict what was going on with her.

"Awwn are you missing me that badly"
She was mocking me, I could trace the excitement from her voice but none of it got to me, I wanted to break everything to her that we are now married and I was supposed to be happy but I wasn't I was dead scared that it wasn't even real but a dream.

"Rahil.."

I sounded dead serious calling her name the way I did because even myself sounded feign to my own two ears.

"Rahil... we are married"

It was as if the world paused, even the sound of her breathing on the phone seemed to stop and I got more frightened making me check the phone to be sure the call hadn't been disconnected.

"Are you still here"

"Are you playing some trick ansar you got me dead scared I almost passed out"

Her voice came, making me run my hand on my head this was it everything was messed up.

"Am not playing rahil, they just got us married you can call someone else and confirm am still finding it very hard to believe even though everything unfolded right before my eyes, you are now my lawfully wedded wife"

So if you where in rahil shoe how would you feel, daga asking for hand then bomb an daura

Guys I need your comment 😅😅

Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
10-5-2024