❄️furtive❄️

If anything then rahil was something I couldn't name, why would she accept me in the middle of this scandal, I thought to myself genuinely not having an idea about where all this is leading us to.

I know I asked her out and everything but am scared am not sure if I'll be able to love another again not after the hurt I went through or more like still going through.

The door to my room broke ajar, my mother came into the room with a warmer in her hands which she placed atop the central table in my room.

"You should have called me to pick it up"

I said already getting out of bed seeing as she settled by the bed, if you all haven't noticed up until now then I would have to tell you myself that am a mommy's boy.

Not the type you read in book or watch on screen but the relationship between my mother and I was beyond word description.

"I saw everything, how are you"

Nodding my head at her words searching for the answer to her question, a smile cracked up on my lips.

"Am better and okay, I like rahil and we are in a relationship"

It was more of an affirmation to myself that I was actually in a relationships less than a year after having my heart brutally broken by the one who calmed to love me, I couldn't bring myself to picture same happening with rahil who am sure doesn't even like me.

"Are you sure, you should take things easy. A step at a time"

"Mama stop taking me as a child am about to start a family"
Well if only you heard the pride dripping of my voice, months ago I would never thought of thinking of starting a relationship but here I was.

"Ahh lailah, you gat no shame, I'll talk to your father about it"

And that was what I initially wanted hearing I couldn't wait.

Laylah stood with a green bag in hand and the baby tugged safely between the baby carrier clutched to her chest, I made way to help her with the bag to ease her stress which she let go of reluctantly.

I always love the serenity of there house from the greenery wall plant all over there walls to the tall off White House that stood tall in all his glory.

"You would say hi to mummy and even get to see rahil"

Laylah gave no room for me to object making me run my free hand over my uncovered hear.

"But I can't see my supposed mother Inlaw like this"

I went all defensive but laylah been herself wasn't having any of it, and I knew what she was pulling out.

The chilled living room which had set of ivory sofa an off white lush carpets at the middle of the living room, the room gave off this homely feeling not to talk about the heavily scented bukhoor.

"Ah ah laylah don't tell me your here already"

A voice I was much familiar with said before coming into the room, rahil was quick to run back out I could guess from the way she dressed she could be termed as homeless.

"I told you about dressing up because of such embarrassment"

Laylah shouted out calling on the maids to serve us refreshments since rahil ran away to get dressed I guessed, even thought she looked cute in her yellow set of pijamas this was almost 2pm, yet she was still in one.

And soon my Inlaw came with a phone paired to her ears which was obviously she was making a call which ended shortly with her giving excuse of having guests.

"Ansar how are you and work"

Anyone could sense her excitement at the sight of me I sensed laylah had already spilled the beans over to her making me totally uncomfortable and it only went more awkward as rahil came back all dolled up in a seal green Free boubou maxi dress with flare hands, they all made excuse to leave the room which meant giving us privacy.

And as we both where lost away chitchatting as thought we got no care in the world rahil father walked into the house with a Salam which we both answered, rahil was soon to jump unto her father crashing him in a hug merely losing his balance but he stood his stand tall and high.

He was a tall man indeed standing 6.2  tall, his physical features nothing short from that of his daughter who still had her short limbs around him until he settled on the sofa making me uncomfortable he had his attention on me as if trying to remember where he knew me from and the woman of the house saved me from the stress.

"I could guess you don't recognize him, laylah husband brother"

He gave me a wild grin at the realization.

"His rahil boyfriend"

The room went pin drop silent with her mother dropping the bomb.

Am starting examination my final exams as an undergraduate tomorrow and here I am typing instead of reading

Vote
Comment
Share

30-4-2024

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab