❄️pretty lies❄️

"Baby, I promise what you saw that day was nothing but a mistake which shouldn't have happened and you shouldn't have known about it"

I hissed at that I was mad furious at him and he know that he knew what am capable of doing at the moment, I could kill him at the moment yet he went on feeding me with pretty lies, lies I so badly want hearing.

And his lies, his pretty lies remained me about a certain color, it could be use to express love affection and also danger, just how ironically this words could be.

I wasn't able to wiggle out of his clutches, his tight clutch and once again I found myself already back into his arms.

"What about all her post about you"

I found myself asking after pulling out of the heated kiss, just how much I missed those lips that did pretty bad things to me, I was searching his eyes to see if he was bidding anything but founded nothing.

"I swore I had nothing to do with her, it's you I love Bby. You have my heart"

His little confession made me giggle like a child high on sugar, I whispered an I love you too into his ears.

I stayed in his arms for a while longer than necessary because I missed him, I missed us everything and i wasn't supposed to be with him, I knew everything he told me was nothing but mere lies yet I fell for it, I was that stupidly in love.

Parting ways biggie promised to come see me later in the day before I close, Zahra nudge my shoulders to get me back to life because I was featuring a sick expression.

"Cut the crap, please you look like a lost puppy"

And she walked away, I could sense her annoyance because I never informed her about my failed relationship with her supposed cousin, I could never what was I even supposed to tell her lead to the fight, that I saw him with his other cousin.

I was quick to shove the thought away to avoid having flashes of the memories because they where so vividly clear before my eyes just how traitorous.

"I thought you where single"

And she bought the topic, I guessed she sensed I was never bringing it up, so she save me the trouble, gulping down silver I wasn't aware of, she was just making it had on me.

"I was not until few minutes ago"
I shrugged, I knew it was going to annoy her but then it was better than selling him out to my friends, I can't just do that.

"And you think keeping it away from me was the best thing to do"

Her voice was merely above a whisper making me feel guilty another reason I always don't have friends because I hate discussing about my personal affairs privately, it was my privacy I would choose to talk about or not.

"It all happened before we knew each other"

I tried had not to sound harsh, because I needed a friend now more than anything, maybe I should learn to open up at least a little bit.

"But you should have told me"

Zahra pressed harder, and through the months I knew her to be a very strong hot headed someone for me to think she was just going to drop on the topic just like that without having me speak up.

I chuckled,

"The thing is that, I was fighting away the feeling that I don't even want to speak about him"

And she nodded almost in understanding making me heave.

"But never keep anything away from me please"

And I gave her a tight lip lock smile nodding my head in a yes.

"So now you are cool, what about ya umar"

And I went tongue tight, I couldn't even say if we where back with my lover, or not.

"Well fine you don't need to give an answer to that just pray"

And her last word left me shocked, i can't remember when last I actually did that. Most times I felt like a Hippo-crate hissing under the cover of been a Muslim when In actually state is I don't pray, even when my mother always reminding me to do that I always dodge.

"Should I give him a chance"

I felt my voice coming out hoarsely, Zahra smiled took my hands in hers.

"I don't know if I should tell you this, but abdulmumin isn't someone to be proud of, we all know about his waywardness and you shouldn't be covered in his mess"

She sounded almost convincing but still I wasn't having it, I wasn't ready to give up on him just yet.

"But he promised to change"

I gave out a cheap excuse.

"Do you know his father sent him to a rehab here"

And I felt cold within, just how could someone be within reach yet be so far away.

And his back into the picture
I don't know if the two should be back together, this chapter is just to show a glimpse of there love.

Vote
Comment
Share
And am done with my exams I have only one semester left 🙏 so as usual comment and vote to get frequent update. I have two month break which I'll insha Allah be done with this book and move it to okada books

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
20-6-2023