○17○

°•CHAPTER 17•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

It was yet another busy morning in the Byers household as we were looking for Mrs Byers car keys once again, which was a normal occurrence around here. "Jesus. Have you seen them?" Mrs Byers questions from the living room.

"We're looking, Mom." Jonathan says coming from the kitchen, I have searched in the rooms, but there was no sign of them.

"Yeah, we're... we're looking." Will mutters going through his backpack, obviously not in search of the keys.

"A-ha! Found 'em." Bob appears from the woman's room chuckling, keys in hand.

"Oh!"

"Hiding under some jeans, sneaky little buggers." He says handing them over to her. "Thank you. Thank you. You're a life saver." The woman says giving him a kiss, her attention immediately moved over to Jonathan as she walked closer to us. "Can you take Will to school today? I cannot be late again." Mrs Byers asks, but Jonathan was still staring at Bob.

"He's staying over now?" Jonathan asks, but his mother was ignoring him as she asks him once again. "Can you just take Will, please?"

"I can take him." Bob spoke up, before Jonathan could answer, making the woman look at her boyfriend. "Will you make sure he gets in okay?" She asks in a pleading tone.

"Yeah, of course. What do you say, big guy? Wanna go for a ride in the Bob mobile?" Bob asks the youngest Byers, Jonathan never stopped staring at the man. I gave him a bump on the arm,

"Come on grumpy, we need to get going too, or we are going to be late ourselves." I reminded him.

"Oh, yeah, right."

I met up with Jonathan at his car when lunch came around, morning classes went by so fast I was actually struggling to remember what the teacher actually taught us, but my mind was occupied with what Will and I saw yesterday. Nancy decided to join us for lunch having a lot of questions about what happened the previous night.

"So, he asked you to take me home?" Nancy asked after we informed her of what happened the night before.

"Yeah."

"Pretty much, the guy was really upset, but he was still worried about you when he asked us." I told her honestly, but my honesty had her doubting herself, whatever fight they had in the bathroom must've been really bad.

"Hey. You need to cut yourself some slack, okay? People say stupid things when they're wasted. Things they don't mean." Jonathan spoke up, trying to reassure the girl, nancy quickly looked up at the both of us. "Yeah, but that's the thing. What if I did mean it?" She points out, staring back down at her lap she kept on talking.