○3○

°•CHAPTER 3•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

It was another morning waking up to Jonathan's face, I ended up not going home once again, he didn't want me to leave, so I stayed, there was nobody important waiting for me at home anyway, so I didn't mind at all, I'd rather give my support to them, then sit in a house all by myself.

We did end up having a late night, none of us were able to sleep at all, we only fell asleep when tiredness took over our bodies.

"All right, mom. Breakfast is ready." Jonathan says, Mrs Byers was seated at the table, smoking, deep in her own thoughts.

"What? No, be careful of the posters." Mrs Byers says stopping him from putting the plates down. I grabbed the posters, setting them aside.

"Yeah, okay, all right."

Jonathan placed breakfast infront of us, I immediately started digging in.

"I can't eat." The older woman says, pushing the plate away from her. "Mrs Byers, maybe you should eat just a small bite, you need your strength." I sat with a weak smile, she looked like she had no energy left.

"Listen, listen, the Xerox place opens in like, 30 minutes." Mrs Byers states.

"Yeah."

"And I don't want you to go alone..." Mrs Byers says when Jonathan cut her off. "No, I know. I told you. I got it, and I'm not alone Brie's going with me." Jonathan says, glancing at me, I nodded my head in confirmation.

"...so I'm gonna have Karen take you, cause I should be here." She finished saying, which might be for the best, if Will does show up at home, while we were away, it would be best if someone is here.

"Okay."

"We need to make, what, 200, 300 copies? How much is a copy?" Mrs Byers asks, trying to calculate, her emotions were everywhere, which could only mean that her mind wasn't in one place.

"Yeah, okay. Okay, mom. Mom."

"Ten cents? If we...ten cents."

"Mom. Mom. Mom! You can't get like this, okay?" Jonathan says to his mom rubbing her shoulder in comfort. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She kept on apologizing, making me sad.

"No, it's okay."

Mrs Byers quickly made her way to the door, after knocking was heard, she open the door to show the Chief.

"We've been waiting six hours." Mrs Byers states, staring the man down.

"I know, I came as soon as I could." Hopper says tiredly, he even looked tired, as he stepped into the house.

"Six hours."

"A little bit of trust here, all right? We've been searching all night, went all the way to Cartersville." Hopper informs her, that would explain the dark circles under his eyes.