○6○

°•CHAPTER 6•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

We were pulled aside by Hopper as his fellow officers looked through the Byers house, Mrs Byers told them that she saw some sort of faceless monster. The look on his face said he was about to give us some very bad news.

"A trooper found something in the, uh... Water that's at the quarry. Our working theory right now is that Will crashed his bike, he... made his way over the quarry and, uh... accidentally fell in. The earth must have given way." Hopper explains to Mrs Byers carefully, Jonathan and I stood by the door listening as Hopper was telling Mrs Byers the news, but she was only staring at the wall, to me it looked like she wasn't even listening to a word he was saying.

"Joyce? Joyce? Do you understand what I'm saying?" Hopper asks trying to get the woman's attention, Mrs Byers turned to the Chief. "No. Whoever you found is not my boy. It's not Will." She denies the information that was given to her, I couldn't believe it either I could feel his presence lingering in the house, I was only able to come to conclusion that she might actually be talking the truth.

"Joyce..."

"No, you don't understand. I talked to him a half hour ago, he was here, he was talking with these." Mrs Byers says, getting some lights, showing it to him. I felt a bit dizzy with all the overwhelming emotions in the house.

"Talking?" Hopper asks her confused.

"Uh-huh, one blink for yes, two for no. And... And, uh... And then I made this so he could talk to me." Mrs Byers says pointing to the alphabet she painted on the wall, it looked really cool with the Christmas lights under each letter.

Jonathan was staring at his mom confused, "Cause he was hiding from that... That thing." The woman states pointing to the wall, she said the monster came out of. "The thing that chased you?" Hopper asks, he didn't believe her, I could see it as he was trying to keep a straight face.

"Yeah."

"Mom, come on, please. You've gotta stopped this." Jonathan says, finally speaking up begging his mother, as he walked closer to her.

"No, maybe he's... It's after him. He's in danger. We have to find him! We..."

"What exactly was this thing? It was some kind of animal, you said?" Hopper asks interrupting her, Jonathan was breaking down as he stood next to his mother, which broke my heart, I wish I could take him in my arms and holding him tightly, showing him he's not alone.

"Uh, no, it was... It was almost... human, but it wasn't. It... It had these long arms and it didn't have a face." Mrs Byers told the chief as she tripped over her words trying to remember exactly what see saw.

Jonathan ran past me straight for his room, the door slamming behind him, I wanted to find out more about this monster, but Jonathan was more important, so without a second thought I walked to his room.