○13○

°•CHAPTER 13•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

Jonathan stopped the car infront of his house, getting out, we got everything out of the trunk and made our way into the house, we screw back each of the globe's for the Christmas lights.

We sat up the bear trap, Jonathan hammered some spikes into the floor, keeping the bear trap in place.

Jonathan and I was hammering spikes into the bats next, to use for a weapon that may or may not be useful. Nancy was loading the gun, and throw the gasoline from the trap to the living room.

Everything was set up and ready, so that we could catch that monster. Jonathan got the knives from the kitchen drawer, approaching Nancy and I in the living room.

"Remember..." Jonathan spoke up.

"Straight into Will's room, and..."

"Avoid stepping on the trap."

"Wait for the yo-yo to move."

"Then..." Jonathan says, lighting the lighter. "All right. You guys ready?" Jonathan asks, I stared at the knife I was holding. "Ready." I whisper nervously.

"On three."

I took a deep breath placing the knife against my hand.

"One..."

"Two..."

Hesitation came from Nancy, Jonathan must have taken notice too, because he glanced up at her. "You don't have to do this..." Jonathan tried to tell her, but got snapped at. "Jonathan stop talking."

"I'm just saying, you don't have to..."

"Three." She says, the cold knife dragging against my skin. I winced in pain, if someone ever said it wouldn't hurt, they'd be lying.

Nancy's hand, I wrapped first, she didn't seem scared, we might get eaten and she looked as calm as ever. Nancy got up after I finished up, telling me she's gonna check up on everything.

Jonathan sat down where Nancy was just a few seconds ago. and before I could start wrapping his hand, he started wrapping mine. I could only stare at his hands working wrapping my hand, perfectly.

"Brietta, there's something I need to get off my chest." Jonathan states his eyes on my face, he was nervous, I just couldn't tell why, there was no reason for him to be nervous around me.

"Is something bothering you?" I ask him in concern, "Look...I just think I need to tell you this, before that monster gets here, and things do take a turn for the worst." He kept on babbling, not getting to the point.

"Jonathan just spit it out." I told him, taking his hand, to wrap it.

"Brietta Brenner, I'm in love with you." Jonathan says, I stare up at him, his face was really close to mine, his eyes said it all, he meant every word, his emotions, where also telling me he was telling the truth, he was starting to get anxious, the longer I stayed quiet.