○5○

°•CHAPTER 5•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

With little to no sleep at all, I dragged myself out of the house, and went to school, running into Jonathan wasn't an option, I tried to avoid him the best I can for today, but I ended up being dragged around by Nancy, who was on the search for Barb, she was nowhere to be seen. I have been so caught up with Will's disappearence that I haven't really spend time with the girl.

Lunch came a lot quicker than I hoped, Nancy pulled me towards Steve and his friends, which only made me groan in displeasure. I was still a bit out of it, every part of me was aching, taking a seat, I just started eating lunch.

"Oh thanks, man. It's a heated pool." Tommy says to Carol who had her foot on the table, no respect for those who wants to eat. "Well if it's not frostbite, then what is it?" Carol asks her boyfriend refering to the thing on her foot. "Ugh I don't care what it is, it's disgusting. Get it off the table. We're eating here." Steve mutters, for once I actually agreed with him. Tommy tries to touch it, but Carol slapped his hand away.

Flash of the night before went throughout my mind like a movie, I was trying to remember what happened last night, I always wake up in between, why I have no idea.

"Hey, Tommy, when you left, did you see Barb?" Nancy asks, catching my attention.

"What?"

"Barbara. She's not here today." Nancy points out.

"I seriously have no idea who you're talking about." Tommy told her, chuckling afterwards, like it was a joke. "Come on, don't be an ass, man. Did you... Did you see her leave last night or not?" Steve asks his friend, surprising me that he wasn't being an ass to Wheeler too."No, she was gone when we left." Tommy told her honestly.

My eyes scanned over the cafeteria, I saw Jonathan by the doors, he was staring at Nancy for some reason, did something happen last night while I was being jabbed at. When Jonathan noticed me staring at him, he looked away, and speed walked away, like he was running from something.

"Hey Brenner, do you and Byers have a thing going on?" Steve asks, catching me off guard, as he stared at me curiously.

"No, we aren't." I say sadly, maybe one day when I have the confidence I'll tell him how I feel.

"Brie after school, before we go home will you come with me, I have a favour to ask." Nancy asks, I looked at her a bit suspicious, why would she need my help.

"Yeah, sure. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to the bathroom." I said, getting up from my seat, walking out of the noisy cafeteria, on my way to my locker, when I saw Jonathan run out of the room, where he usually develops the photos he has taken.

I decided to pay no mind to his strange behaviour, it's better to stay away from him for a little bit longer.

The so called favour Nancy wanted to ask was to call Barb's house to hear if she's home, when I asked why she couldn't do it herself, she said it was because Barb was suppose to sleep over at her house last night, but didn't.