○1○

°•CHAPTER 1•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

The early sunrise was as bright as ever, bothering me from my dreamless sleep, groaning, I felt around next to me until I got ahold of a pillow placing it over my head to block out the sun, trying to sleep further, just when I was about to enter the world of peaceful slumber once again, footsteps came into the room, stopping right next to the bed, it could only be one person.

The pillow was removed from my head, and his hands were placed upon my shoulders, shaking me lightly. "Brie! Come on, it's time to wake up!" his voice as soft as a cloud, when he spoke up, it was like a soft melody ringing through my ears.

"5 more minutes." I mumble into my pillow, my hair falling into my face, tickling my nose. Jonathan's soft chuckles could clearly be heard, I can just imagine him shaking his head at me. "Brie, you need to get up we have school. Breakfast will be ready in a bit." He says, his footsteps walking away towards the door.

I had no chance of falling asleep again, when pillow hit my back, as a warning that I better get up. I groaned in annoyance as I sat up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, maybe it wasn't the best of ideas to fall asleep at three o'clock in the morning, knowing I have to go to school the very next day.

Flashes of the previous night ran through my mind, my uncle, needles and a bunch of doctors.

I remember running out of my house, straight to Jonathan's, but when I got here nobody was home, so I sat on the porch crying, that's where Jonathan found me when he came home from work.

Jonathan never asked any questions, whenever I turned up at his door, a crying mess, and I was grateful, but I knew I would have to tell him, eventually, and I will when I'm ready.

Getting up from the comforts of bed, I was in search of my clothes, in all honesty no mood for school, the sun shining through the window was nice and warm, morning's at Jonathan's house was always warmer than it was at my own house.

My home and school was both living nightmares, I was too tired to face Harrington and his obnoxious friends, or my uncle, who treats me more like a science experiment, than his niece.

Uncle Martin is one of the shadiest people I know, he was full of secrets and darkness, it scared me, scared of what he might do to me, I was even afraid to sleep in the same house as him, that's why I was at the Byers most of the time.

I stole one of Jonathan's shirts, getting ready for the day, wearing his clothes brought me comfort when he wasn't around, sneaking them back into his closet, on a later stage, but I was aware that he knew where his clothes disappeared too.

Entering the kitchen, Jonathan was moving up and down the small space, getting breakfast ready. I got seated by the table, resting my head on my hand, my eyes following him. He truly was a piece of art, it may sound stalkerish, but I could stare at him like this forever.