Napapailing na sumandal ako sa counter at nagsimula akong kumain. When I saw Giselle watching me, I tossed her some pieces that she immediately gobbled down. May ulterior motive talaga ang concern ng isang 'to.

"You know, he should start trusting me. The lazanki I made three nights ago was pretty okay." It's a Ukrainian pasta dish that I suddenly was craving for. Kaya ko namang magluto ng mga simpleng lutuin. Like frying things or boiling them. It's just that I was craving one, and I don't know where to buy it.

Giselle made a soft woof, and when I looked at her, she had her head tipped to the side. If she's a person, she would be one who looks highly skeptical.

"Okay, fine. It wasn't that bad. I just need a little practice."

Mukhang hindi pa rin naniniwala ang aso. I can't blame her. Though I'm trying to stop it, Domino would often slip food for her to try. Her daddy spoils her too much. Nagkataon na pinatikim sa kaniya ni Domino ang lasanki ko na hindi pa nagtatagal sa bibig niya ay inuluwa niya na.

"You're just a picky eater, Giselle. Your daddy ate all of it."

The dog just stared at me as if telling me that she wasn't buying it. So he's a little biased, but whatever.

A faint sound of my phone ringing echoed through the house. Lumabas ako ng kusina kasunod si Giselle at hinanap ko iyon. I found the phone on the sofa. I reached for it, and I answered the call when I saw that it was Circe.

"Hey, new mama," I greeted her. "How's everything?"

"Everything's great. Alon is such an angel. I don't know where he got it from because Coal and I certainly are not one." She sounds so happy. Exhausted but happy. "Kaise's so sweet to him, and Sharkie's very gentle when he's around. Para nga silang bodyguard ni Alon."

Alon is the Dawson family's new addition. He's only a week old, so tiny, and yet he occupies a lot of people's hearts.

"I called because Carson, a friend of mine, is here in Luzon. He's a great chef, and he's into Ukrainian, Polish, and Slovak foods nowadays."

I groan. "You heard about the lazanki. I'm going to kill Domino. He's the only one that could say anything about it because I doubt Giselle would rat me out." Giselle barked, and I wrinkled my nose at her. "She would if she could talk."

Circe laughed. "It's not that. Nagbaon si Domino sa opisina. I think he genuinely likes it because he got angry with the guys when they ate it... or well try to."

Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ako o ano. But Domino's definitely going to get lucky tonight. He appears to be the only fan of my cooking. "Tell your friend that I'll eat any Ukrainian food he'll cook."

"Great! I'll call you again tapos ipapadala ko na lang kay Coal."

I thanked her and ended the call. Umupo ako sa sofa at inabot ko ang remote para buksan ang TV. I browsed through the list of cartoons, and when Giselle made a sound when Paw Patrol appeared on screen, I played it. Such a smart baby.

I opened my phone and started mindlessly scrolling on Facebook. I don't know how, must be the algorithm or something, but I found a post about Domino.

Oh, he's going to be in real trouble once he comes home.

MUNTIK MAPATALON si Domino nang buksan niya ang ilaw ng bahay at makita niya akong nakaupo sa sofa habang walang kangiti-ngiting nakatingin sa kaniya. Giselle, who was peacefully sleeping, woke up and immediately went to his side.

Kunot ang noo na binuhat ni Domino ang aso bago siya lumapit sa akin. "Everything okay, doll?" Inangat niya ang dala niyang paper bag. "Bumili ako ng pagkain sa Mushroom Burger."