Chapter 39: See You

Start from the beginning

"And I completely agree with her," Domino said with a smile that could rival the sun. "She deserves everything, and that is something that I promised myself that I would always give her."

In this place, I am seen the way I have always been to the people who knew me as the Tiara Millicent Silvano, who is a prima ballerina. For some, I am an exquisite dancer that they come to watch perform in front of them. But for Domino, I am just Tiara. His Millie Mouse... his sweet doll. Yet today, everyone will get a glimpse of who I am to him through his heart, which has always seen me for just who I am, even though there were moments when I even didn't know who that was.

"According to Lucienne, the song that we have prepared today means..." He intentionally trailed off before pointing the mic to the woman who stepped closer to speak.

Kumaway si Lucienne sa direksyon ko bago siya nagsalita. "Jihyo from Twice said that the Set Me Free song means "Let's break away from everything that binds us and love freely, to our hearts' content". It's perfect for this occasion." Kinorte niya ang mga daliri niya ng papuso. "Ako ang nag-suggest."

"Nagyabang ka na naman. Parehas kaya tayo ng suggestion," rinig sa mic na angal ni Trace.

Umismid si Lucienne. "Mas nauna akong naging fan."

Hinila na ni Thorn ang asawa niya palayo pagkatapos ibalik ang mic sa natatawang si Domino. With a shake of his head, he turned back to me. For a moment, he just stared in my direction, as if he'd been transfixed by the view of me. "I was there where you were sitting while you were here where I'm standing. It was then that I first fell for you."

Mist wet my eyes, but I blinked them back so that I could see him clearly. "Freedom is something that I fear would hurt you. Someone as delicate and precious as you." Domino is looking at me with his eyes full of words that didn't need to be said. "I wanted to cage you in, but not to imprison you and bind you so that you couldn't move. I wanted to cage you in a world that is solely for you, away from things that could harm you. And for all the times that I felt what it's like to be with you, I kept on hoping that I could be that. That I've been that. A world where you could be free, a home for your heart that I vow to protect from breaking for the rest of my life."

He has been exactly that. He changed my fears into memories. He turned the hurt I've been carrying into feelings that I will not mind relieving again and again.

"I'm a terrible at dancing, but I hope this won't stop you from saying yes, doll." He winked in my direction. "Not that I'm giving you a chance to say otherwise."

Pumainlang ang hindi pamilyar na malikot na tugtugin sa paligid. Domino handed the microphone to the staff before he stepped back to join the others. The full HD projector behind them flashed open, revealing an image of the music box that Domino made for me. The ballerina could be seen twirling, while beside it, texts were appearing one by one.

My lips parted automatically as I watched the people I came to know for a short time dance as if they weren't in front of hundreds of people right now.

I wasn't surprised that the women are actively participating, especially Lucienne, who seems to know every step, and she's even moving her lips, which tells me that she knows the song. What came as a shock was to see the men, who are usually serious, moving their stiff bodies to the music. Tanging si Domino lang at Trace ang bigay todo sa pagsayaw sa mga lalaki.

Domino lied. He wasn't terrible at dancing. Compared to his overly enthusiastic brother, he moves with precision, like he actually knows the steps and executes them, which only a man with confidence in his ability could do. He might not be at a professional level, but he could move.

This is making me want to beg him to make this an annual thing. Though when it comes to Domino, I doubt I need to beg for anything. Unless it's an orgasm and he's punishing me.