Chapter 38: Performance

Start from the beginning

Nang hindi ko na sila matanaw ay binalingan ko si Domino. "You'll get answers to all of your questions once you find him. No matter what he says, no matter what explanation he gives you and your siblings, I'll be there." Marahang nilapat ko ang kamay ko sa pisngi niya. "It's going to be okay." When he tried to look away, I put my other hand on his shoulder. "Even if it doesn't feel like it, everything will be okay. I'll always be here. Even at times when I get scared and want to run away. Even when there would be days when I feel like I don't deserve to stay by your side. And even when the rest of the world leaves, I'll be here."

He pulled me close as his eyes misted over.

"It will be okay because I'll make sure that you will be," I told him softly. "The same way that you always do when I feel like everything is falling apart." Bahagya akong lumayo sa kaniya at inabot ko ang kamay niya. The twinkle of my engagement ring blinked at me. "You always take me off guard with your surprises when I want to curl into a ball and wallow in my despair. How about I do the same now? How about I distract you now as well?"

Napuno ng kalituhan ang mga mata niya. I stroke his cheek tenderly. "Vy vyjdete za mene, pane?"

"What does that mean, doll?" he whispered.

May ngiti sa mga labi na hindi ko siya kaagad sinagot. Instead, I pulled away from him completely. His lips opened, but before he could say anything, I started lowering myself to my knees.

I didn't care if the whole place is monitored and this is being recorded or if everyone in the control room is probably watching this. They know Domino. They all have guesses about what he's into. Now they get to see what he has, through me that is his.

Someone perfect for him.

I put both of my hands in front of me, right at my thighs. I was in a position of complete submission, and yet I feel at ease. There wasn't any struggle to get back the control I'm letting go, there wasn't worry, doubt, or fear. There wasn't anything but my absolute faith in him.

"Will you marry me, Sir?"

INISMIDAN ko si Domino nang mapalingon ako sa kaniya at nakita kong nakatukod ang siko niya sa katabing lamesa ng sa akin. He had his chin leaning on his hand as he stared at me with adoration, as if I were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

And yet he said no.

Lalo akong napasimangot nang maalala ko na naman ang araw na iyon. Well, fine, I'm being a tad dramatic.

He didn't exactly say no. I can still remember him staring at me for what felt like ages. Then a smile curved his lips until he was chuckling under his breath. He pulled me into my feet, and then he kissed me before saying, "Not yet, doll".

"You're angry again."

Hindi umiimik na binalik ko ang atensyon ko sa salamin na nasa harapan ko. My hair is smoothed into a neat and sleek lower bun. I'm wearing a white, flowy, long tutu that falls just a few inches from my ankle. My make-up is light, and with how fair my complexion is, I almost look a bit sickly. But that means I look the part since I was supposed to be a ghost.

"One moment you're sweet, then the next it's like you want to bite my head off." Nang matalim ang tingin na lumingon ako sa kaniya ay napangisi siya. "But I love both sides of you. Ikaw pa? Malakas ka sa akin eh."

I rolled my eyes, but I can't deny that the butterflies that often appear in my stomach when he's around started making their presence known again by fluttering enthusiastically.

"Are you happy?"

My annoyance completely disappeared, and I couldn't help but beam at him excitedly. I've done the first few acts of the story, and yet I still couldn't believe it; I'm finally playing Giselle. Doing the mad scene felt surreal. I don't think I will get tired of it just yet, and I'm already excited to perform it again and again.