Chapter 38: Performance

Start from the beginning

"Ano na naman ang pinagkakaguluhan ng mga 'yon? Kakatapos lang ng problema ah." Ngumisi siya at itinaas-baa niya ang mga kilay niya. "Call a friend mode na naman ba sila at kailangan nila ang power ko." Nakapamewang na pumalatak siya. "Dapat sinisingil ko na sila ng talent fee eh."

Luna's amusement turned into confusion when none of us reacted. Nagpalipat-lipat ang tingin niya sa aming lahat. "What's going on?"

"You need to go inside, Luna." Lia gave her a soft smile. "Your brothers need you."

She looked at each of us again before her gaze settled on her husband. She nodded reluctantly before walking towards the room where her brothers stopped their heated discussion when they noticed Luna's arrival.

"Sit down," utos ni Lucienne kay Magnus na napakunot ang noo sa tono ng babae. "With respect," she said in a joking tone, though it sounded hollow even to my ears.

Lucienne is married to the eldest Dawson. She most likely understands the immense pressure her husband faced when he stepped into the role as head of the family when he was thrust into it with the loss of the siblings' parents.

The rest of the women filled Magnus in on everything, but my attention remained fixed on the conference room.

They wanted us to be there, but the women decided to stay outside, even though it was just me who volunteered to do so. Despite my involvement with Domino and the way they treat me as their own, this is something that I think would be better discussed by them alone. The other women thought the same, so they stayed with me.

"I'm worried for Luna." We all looked at Lia. "They all love their parents equally, but of course there's always a parent they're closer to. Luna was really close to their dad."

At the sound of Luna's voice, every eye in the room turned in the room's direction. We found her in Gun's arms, her knees giving out under her. In less than a second, Magnus strode into the room, rushing to get to her.

My eyes welled with tears, and when I turned to look at the others, I saw that they mirrored the same feelings.

I covered my mouth when I saw Magnus carrying the unconscious Luna out of the room. His eyes were blank, but I could see that his jaw was clenched tight. Kasunod nila sina Thorn at Gun na dumiretso sa mga asawa nila bago iginaya ang mga iyon para sumama kila Magnus.

Hindi nagtagal ay nagsilabasan na rin ang magkakapatid na lalaki at katulad ng mga nauna ay tahimik na umalis sila kasama ang mga asawa nila. Domino was the last to leave the room, while Axel stayed unmoving on the chair he occupies.

Mirea squeezed my hand before she stood up and walked towards the room so that she could be with her husband.

Naglakad palapit sa akin si Domino at tumayo ako para salubungin siya. I opened my mouth to speak when he stayed unmoving in front of me without saying a word. There was so much that I could say. To ask him if he's okay or tell him that it's going to be okay. But I didn't. Instead, I stepped closer and put my arms around him without saying anything.

I felt the tension around his body loosen. His strong arms went around, and he leaned down to bury his face in my neck.

"He's alive," I whispered. "That's what matters."

His arms tightened around me. "All these years... All these years, he has made us believe that he's gone. We grieved for the both of them." I blinked back tears when I felt the skin of my neck become wet. "Now that we know he's alive and that he intentionally didn't try to find us..." He said, raising his head to look at me. "I-I... I don't know what I should feel, Tiara."

I heard footsteps, and I found Mireia and Axel going in the direction of the rooms on this floor. She gave me a small smile, and I watched as they disappeared from sight.