Epilogue

Hirotsu watched the seated pair as he walked into the museum gallery. They were looking at the painting designated as their meeting spot intently. Dazai turned to Y/n, saying something he couldn't quite make out to the girl who turned to him as well, laughing.

Catching sight of the man by the gallery's entrance, Y/n waved him over to them. Hirotsu nodded, walking over and taking a seat beside her.

"What a weird painting." Dazai mused, turning back to the art piece, "I bet even I could do something like that."

"I think it's rather lovely." Y/n shot back, "It looks windswept."

"Hirotsu," Dazai hummed, his eyes still on the artwork, "thank you for the help. I am sorry about having to knock you out."

"Did I do enough?" the older man asked contemplatively, "All I really did was leak the Moby Dick infiltration route to Higuchi."

"If she knows something, she tells Akutagawa." Y/n replied, looking over to him, "If Akutagawa knows, he will come in all by himself. If Dazai or I had told him, he would have known something was up."

"Why did you go through all that trouble to bring Akutagawa and the tiger boy together?"

"I wanted to be sure." Dazai sighed, "There is a real disaster about to come. I knew he'd resurface one day, and he's already on the move. We won't be able to avoid going to war with that demon I've fought in the past. Akutagawa is formidable enough by himself, but his abilities are most valuable in a supporting role."

"In complementing a forward attacked, like Atsushi." Y/n continued, "With his speed and toughness, they could be powerful allies."

"We'll need to be more powerful than before in order to fight with that demon." Dazai nodded, "We'll need something even stronger than the former double or triple black. That's those two."

"Dazai, Y/n, why do you value Yokohama so dearly?" Hirotsu asked after a moments thought.

Dazai and Y/n got to their feet, Y/n looping her arm through Dazai's as they did so. He smiled down at her before turning back to Hirotsu.

"Our friend said to me that I might as well side with the people who save others. That that at least is a little more beautiful."

"I'll see you tomorrow, Hirotsu." Y/n smiled to the older man.

"Mori isn't pleased with you."

"I know."

The pair turned, beginning to walk away.

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot to tell you!" Y/n exclaimed, turning to her husband as they made their way out of the gallery, "Those two boys of ours? They've totally got a thing for one another."

"Really?" Dazai hummed in amusement, meeting her gaze, "How can you tell?"

"You should have heard the insults they were throwing at one another on the Moby Dick."

"Flirting?"

"Definitely."