(C. 31) Options

"That's enough playing tag."

The platform shuddered to a halt, coming level with the roof deck of the Moby Dick. Akutagawa and Atsushi stepped off of it, Y/n still held beside them by Rashoumon. 

"In less than ten minutes," Fitzgerald continued, standing strong in the middle of the empty deck, "the Moby Dick will enter into an irrevocable trajectory. At that point, not even this terminal will be able to stop it from falling into the city. Only Y/n and I will survive as I have strengthened myself with my ability. The city will be mine."

Akutagawa strode forward a few paces, closing the distance between them to about ten feet. Without so much as looking behind him, he gently placed Y/n on the ground beside Atsushi, leaning her up against the barrier, and deactivated his ability.

"Hey, Nouveau Riche," he taunted, "if I defeat someone as strong as you, will I no longer be weak?"

Fitzgerald smirked.

"I'll guarantee it."

"Then I won't regret dying as many times as it takes."

Y/n's head hurt. The world was spinning. She could barley process her subordinates words.

"Armor." she managed to advise, clutching her side tighter now, "Don't die."

 Akutagawa reactivated Rashoumon, wrapping it around himself. Y/n nodded her approval, a thing only seen by Atsushi who still stood beside her.

Fitzgerald launched himself into the air, aiming a sharp kick at Akutagawa who managed to deflect the attack, protecting himself with his arm. He side stepped, landing a hard punch to Fitzgerald. Though the American man flew back at the impact, he had managed to keep his torso from the damage Akutagawa had intended to inflict by raising his arms in front of himself and focusing his ability. 

Before he had even hit the ground, Akutagawa was in the air beside him. This time, Fitzgerald was not able to defend himself. Akutagawa punched him and he rocketed back to the surface of the ship.

Akutagawa was quick to follow him, trying to land another hit on the man before he got back to his feet. Y/n turned slowly from the battle, looking up at Atsushi.

"Whatcha doin?" she hummed, trying to keep her voice light and cheery.

Atsushi's eyes were fixed on the fight, he said nothing.

"What are you thinking then." Y/n sighed.

"Akutagawa." Atsushi mumbled, not taking his eyes off the man for a moment, "He is so strong and yet, he thinks of himself as being weak. It's preposterous!" Atsushi's face began to contort into one of rage as he continued to speak, the tone of his voice elevating to match it, "How many people has his selfishness killed? I-"

"Just go fucking fight, dummy." Y/n sharply exhaled.

Atsushi shut his eyes and when he opened them again, he was half transformed. He turned back to Y/n.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"It will only help if the answer is no." she shrugged, wincing from the pain the action shot through her body, "Just go."

Her ribs were definitely broken and by the pacing of her breaths, one of them might've punctured her lung. The piece of rebar that she'd been flung onto in the initial fight in Fitzgerald's office had entered right around where her kidney was. Atsushi nodded and ran towards the fight. Immediately, he punched Fitzgerald in the shoulder, sending him to the ground. Akutagawa turned to him, enraged.

"Get out of my way, Were-tiger!" he demanded.

Atsushi straightened himself, pushing Akutagawa back with his arm.

"You get out of my way!"

Fitzgerald had gotten back to his feet by now and Atsushi aimed another hit at the man. He dodged, jumping back and away. 

Akutagawa used Rashoumon to propel himself over Atsushi, landing a kick right into Fitzgerald's ribs in the process of his landing. Or, trying to anyways. The man had jumped at just the right moment, using his ability to force himself higher into the air than he should have been able to, and had avoided the kick.

"Dazai, my ass!" Atsushi yelled at him, "You're even more worthless!"

The pair were facing one another now and Fitzgerald watched them, amused.

"Nonsense! You're more worthless than I am!"

Fitzgerald met Y/n's gaze. She was sitting across from him on the other side of the fight. She smiled.

"Boys!" she called, raising her voice as much as she could bare to, the edges of her vision beginning to grow black, "What'd I say about the flirting?"

Both Akutagawa and Atsushi's cheeks flushed a slight pink. They turned to face Fitzgerald as he pulled himself into a crouch.

"No, no, continue." he waved them off, "This is very amusing. You're both very much alike."

"What!?" Atsushi screamed, planting his feet so hard they dug into the floor.

Akutagawa also prepared himself to fight, equally as enraged at the notion.

"Don't compare me to him!" they yelled simultaneously, their fists hitting Fitzgerald's face at exactly the same moment.

He flew all the way to the opposite end of the roof at the impact, crashing into the wall of the enclosed turbine and disintegrating it. Atsushi and Akutagawa turned to one another, panting. Slowly they deactivated their abilities.

Akutagawa fell to the floor, a hand to his chest and Atsushi standing tiredly beside him.

"Taking a break, Akutagawa?" Atsushi taunted, his voice weak.

"Shut up." Akutagawa hissed, looking up at him, "You're next."

Y/n laughed softly at the site, the joy quickly giving way to hacking coughs. The boys turned to her, watching as she spat blood onto the ground. She looked over at them wearily.

"The control terminal comes first." she was fighting time now.

There was no way Fitzgerald was down for the count after that attack, he was too strong. Atsushi and Akutagawa were exhausted. There was no choice but to give in and hope they could fend for themselves in the time it took her to fully die and find the right future.

"If this ship hits the city, everyone will die. My husband, whom you both respect and admire, will die."

"That man wouldn't die so easily." Akutagawa stated.

Y/n sighed.

"Look, our families are down there. The people we love are down there. We must do absolutely everything in our power to protect them and I am about to pass out. You two have five options. One: I pass out and eventually die and fix things. Two: I pass out and someone kills me, also fixing things. Three: I pass out and everything is fine. Four: I pass out, we loose. And finally five: you kill me right the fuck now."

Akutagawa and Atsushi exchanged a concerned glance. There was the sound of rubble shifting coming from the other end of the deck. Y/n could barley see at all. She was so naseous, so tired. Everything hurt.

"There is no time. Pick now."

Akutagawa and Atsushi turned to the sound, Akutagawa getting to his feet in the process. The last thing Y/n saw before the world turned entirely black was the glowing gold figure of Fitzgerald, rising from the ruins.