(C. 6) Missing

A/n listen, I know I said it would be all season two and up but I forgot how few eps there are in season two that aren't the Dazai and Oda story so...

Also, just as a heads up: after this chapter I am going to start posting once every three days instead of once every other day. I don't have the time right now to write the way I used to, but you will still be getting your regular Shark content. Thank you for understanding!!

----

It was an easy thing for Dazai to allow himself to be captured. Mori always had people out looking for him, targeting him. He feigned surprise as the young girl's ability towered over him, it had to be believable after all.

The Agency, of course knew nothing of his plans.

"Dazai is missing, eh?" Kunikida asked, turning to Atsushi who was standing beside his desk.

"He's not answering his phone," Atsushi explained, worry evident in his facial features, "I haven't seen him since yesterday either."

"He's probably just floating in some river again." Kunikida sighed, turning back to his computer.

"Or he could be in prison this time." Kenji added, sitting at his own desk and closely examining a potted plant.

"He's probably off somewhere with Y/n." Rampo said, throwing his hat into the ring.

"But it's true that he must be targeted by the Port Mafia. What if-"

"That man's ability to sense danger and stay alive approaches nightmarish proficiency." Kunikida interrupted, growing irritated with Atsushi's unwillingness to drop the topic.

"Just think about how he's as healthy as can be despite so many suicide attempts." Kenji said, "Besides, even if he is, Y/n would take care of him."

"But..."

"I'll look into it." Tanizaki offered as he entered the room, having overheard the discussion being held within from out in the hallway.

It didn't take long after that to fall victim to Yosano's whims, his coworkers being long used to her strange tendencies. That was how he had ended up where he was now: on the ground, wrapped around Kyokoa, staring at a pair of shiny black boots.

More had happened during the day than just shopping of course. Yosano had broken some rude mans arm in the train station and then the train that they had ended up on had been hijacked by some crazy Port Mafia members looking for him. The battle had been an intense one and it was a miracle they had been able to save as many people as they did.

Coughing up water, he let go of Kyoka, pulling himself up onto his hands and knees.

"There you are, silly girl." Y/n hummed, crouching down beside the unconscious girl and gently brushing a wet strand of hair from her face.

"Y/n?" Atsushi asked, catching his breath and looking over at her.

She had a pensive look on her face, dressed in a black dress with long bell sleeves. Kyoka coughed herself, suddenly coming to. Slowly, she opened her eyes.

"Y/n..." she mumbled, meeting the older girl's eyes, "I failed, I'm sorry."

"No apologies." Y/n said softly, helping the girl to sit up as she tried to catch her breath as well, "I was coming to stop you. That foolish subordinate of mine, I never should have put you under his command."

"He saved me." Kyoka said, looking to Atsushi seated beside her.

"I'll have to thank him for that."

"She... she's working under you?" Atsushi asked and Y/n turned to him, looking him up and down before deciding how to answer.

"In a way." she said, sitting back on her heels, "When she joined, my colleagues all wanted her as a subordinate. She is incredibly powerful, see. I fought for her though, more than anyone else did. She... She's just a little kid. I had hoped I could give her a life there, a childhood. The world had other plans."

"What do you mean?"

Y/n sighed.

"My Boss decided to give me a fuck ton of work and derail my plans, as usual. I don't exactly... I don't exactly get along with the man. I handed her off to one of my subordinates, Akutagawa to be precise. I believe you know him."

"Akutagawa? That man is a monster! Why would you ever do that?" Atsushi exclaimed in disbeleif.

"Dazai and I practically raised him, he's not all that bad." Y/n responded a bit sadly, "I thought he would... He's a sub-executive himself now, and I thought out of anyone he would share in my goals. I was wrong, it was a foolish error."

"What... What is going to happen to me now?" Kyoka asked, lightly pulling on the loose part of one of Y/n's sleeves as she did, drawing the woman's attention back to her. "I was supposed to die."

"But you didn't." Y/n reminded her, "Never forget that Kyoka, build your strength off of it. You were supposed to die, and you didn't. You are a survivor."

"Y/n," Atsushi began, realizing for the first time that he might have to face the feared woman, "I'm going to bring her back to the Agency with me."

Y/n looked at him, mulling over what he had said for a few moments before nodding.

"Yes, I think that might be a good course of action." laughing at his surprised expression, she continued "You'll find sides don't really matter to me. I care much more about getting things right, a strange stance to take in a criminal organization, I know. A good friend of Dazai's made him promise to protect the orphans a long time ago, what kind of wife would I be if I didn't help him do that?"

"Why are you in the mafia?" he asked as Y/n helped the pair to their feet, "You seem... you're too kind for that kind of work."

"Atsushi, I barley tell the people I am closest to about my past. Don't ask anymore stupid questions."

"But Dazai knows it?" he asked tentatively.

She could tell he was assessing her, deciding whether or not to trust her. Trying to figure out if this should be a fight, if she was trying to use Kyoka against the Agency.

"Osamu knows it all, he was even there for a lot of it. We met when we were twelve, remember?"

"Yes, bu-"

"I'm not working against you, Atsushi." Y/n interrupted, "I may be a member of an enemy organization, but I am not your enemy. You would do well to remember that."

"Kunikda said you were the Boss' right hand."

"He did, did he? Well, I wont deny it."

"Does that not make you an enemy?"

"I told you, I don't particularly get along with my employer. Aren't you going to ask me where he is?"

Atsushi's eyes widened. In all the chaos of the day, he'd nearly forgotten Dazai was missing.

"You know?"

Y/n laughed.

"He's safe, don't worry. He'll be back by your side in just a day or two." she said before flipping the inside of her wrist up and pulling her sleeve out of the way. Y/n examined the delicate black and gold watch there for a moment before returning her wrist to her side. "I have to get going. Atsushi: please keep her safe."

"I will do what I can." Atsushi said, nodding once.

Y/n's tone of voice, her composure in that moment, had reminded him all too much of his superior. He would have agreed no matter what, but the persuasive force that fact had one him did not go unnoticed. A motorcycle could be heard approaching, coming down the empty road beside them.

"Be good, Kyoka." Y/n said, "I'll try to see what I can do about getting you into the Agency's hands for good."

The motorcycle skidded to a halt before them, it's rider tossing Y/n a helmet which she took. There was a slight hesitance to her movements as she climbed on behind the man riding it, a tremor in her touch as she looped her arms around his waist. With a nod of recognition towards the pair on the ground, they sped off once again.