(C. 2) An Unexpected Encounter Part Two

"Your wife!?" Kunikida exclaimed and Dazai skillfully ignored him.

"Dazai! Didn't see you there" laughed the head of the Port Mafia awkwardly as he looked up towards the open window, "I was just coming to get her since she never showed up to work this morning."

"Cause its my fucking day off." responded the girl, Y/n, throwing her hands up in annoyance, "You are just a pervert who doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'no'"

Dazai smiled and laughed lightly.

"That's my girl." he mumbled under his breath before raising his voice in order to be heard by the pair standing on the street below them, "You heard her, it's her day off."

"Yeah which you should know since you are the one who moved it to today when you found out my old one lined up with Osamu's." the girl exclaimed.

"You did what now old man?" Dazai growled.

"Nothing, nothing! I'll just be on my way! Enjoy your day off, Pet!"

And with that the Mafia boss was gone.

"Thanks." she called up to Dazai who was still leaning out the window to speak to her. Her voice was as smooth and shined as silver, perfectly even, perfectly poised. "Sorry to disrupt you at work, he wouldn't leave me alone. I figured if I got close enough to you he would get the hint, but that didn't exactly work."

"No worries." shrugged Dazai, his voice returning to its normal cadence, "Want to come up and meet everyone?"

"Nah," she said, shaking her head, "I gotta do the grocery shopping. I'll make sure to buy a bottle of that sake you like though, as thanks for lending me a hand."

The woman pulled another cigarette out and lit it.

"You said you'd quit." Dazai called down to her.

"Huh?" she questioned, looking back up and taking a long drag, "What'd you say?"

It was unclear if she simply had not heard his words or was choosing to ignore them.

"You said you'd quit." Dazai repeated.

"No I said I'd cut back." she corrected quickly.

"Three in the span of five minutes is not cutting back."

"It's really only two and a half, I threw that last one half smoked. Besides, I'm stressed."

"I threw out the last pack you had. Where did you even get those?"

"Same place I got the hat. He says hi by the way."

"Really?"

"No. He told me to tell you he hates your guts and thinks I deserve better."

"He's right you know."

"You and I both got exactly what we deserve, Osamu."

"Dazai..." came Kunikida's threatening voice from behind him, and Dazai turned to see his coworker with his arms crossed and his foot tapping.

"Ahhh, Kunikida is yelling at me." he called down after a moment, ducking his head back outside "I have to get back to work. Be safe."

"Yeah yeah. You too. I hope you have a good day." and with that, the woman turned on her heel and walked off.

"What is it you want, Kunikida?" Dazai sighed, turning to face the blond man and shoving his hands roughly into his jacket pockets.

"You have some real explaining to do Dazai." he hissed, taking a step forward and grabbing the collar of Dazai's shirt.

"No I don't" he simply replied, removing Kunikida's hand and taking a seat behind his desk.

Kunikida seemed lost in thought, but Dazai could tell he was planning something. The blond man was always so easy to read.

"Well, how about I give you the rest of the day off." began Kunikida with a self satisfied smirk as he approached Dazai's desk, "That way, you can spend it with your alleged 'wife,' though I don't know how anyone could ever put up with your antics."

"You know I could just ask if she wants to come get lunch with us today." Dazai replied in amusement, "That way you wont have to worry yourselves with staying hidden."

Kunikida's breath caught in his throat slightly, clearly embarrassed in being found out in his designs.

"Yeah that'd be fun!" said Kenji excitedly, walking over.

"She does seem interesting," conceded Yosano.

"Fine." hissed Kunikida, checking his watch "It is exactly 10:38am now, ask her to meet us here at the Agency at 12pm on the dot."

He would be judging the girl's punctuality, a fact that was obvious to all present.

"Alright." Dazai chirpped before pulling out his phone and shooting Y/n a quick text.

She immediately responded saying she'd love to have lunch with the crew but that twelve seemed a little soon with everything she had to do and asked if they could push it back to one. Dazai looked back up at Kunikida.

"She is about to get groceries and is worried twelve is cutting things a little close, is one okay?"

Kunikida carefully examined the schedule written in his small, green notebook. Sitting down at his desk, he picked up a pencil, quickly erasing one or two things from the page before writing them down else where in his neat, cramped handwriting.

"It should be okay." he said at last, "Thankfully today is our slowest day, I was able to move some things around."

"I'll let her know."