19

⚠️18+  mature content ahead ⚠️

Lavender

Even though Taylor and I professed our undying love for one another we didn't dare to break the news on Thanksgiving. We decided to wait till another day so her dad could ruin that day with his antics. The evening was finished with food, family, and wine before almost everyone left and we all helped clean up. Caleb pulled me aside when the place was practically done being cleaned.

"Are you okay?" he asked

"Yes I'm okay" I smiled

He looked at me before breaking out into a shit-eating grin.

"You fucking kissed her" he whisper and yelled

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said smirking and turning away from him.

"I know you lavender " Caleb yelled

I hide my blush as I go inside and help Andrea with the dishes. There were so many dishes. Andrea was the type that everyone ate on real plates and utensils along with cups. She loved the details. It was late into the night when we finished. Taylor and Caleb were helping Scott with the outdoor furniture when a storm rolled in and it began to rain. Thunder cracked across the sky and I Nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Don't worry we have a generator" Andrea smiled

"That's not what I'm worried about, I'm just a tad scared of them in general " I smiled and shrugged my shoulders trying to keep the memories away.

"Mom please don't go to work tonight, it's storming so bad"  I begged her to stay

"Lavender I can't just take a night off because you're scared, if it gets too old Nick is across the hall," she says and slams the door on the way out

The apartment felt so much bigger when I was alone. Which was often. I hated being alone, I was alone all the time. I never could find comfort in it. I spun on my heel made my way into my room and crept into the closet. I shut the door and lay down on the carpet, pulling a blanket over my head. When the thunder became so loud I would squeeze my eyes shut and sing so loud that I couldn't think. I don't understand why they scare me so badly. I don't understand a lot of things yet.

" I'm headed to bed, it's been a long day," Andrea says pulling me out of my mind.

I decide the same as I climb up the stairs and exhaustion sets in. Between all the crying, dealing with new people, and Taylor I'm exhausted. Not that I'm mad about what happened between Taylor and me but it's a lot to process- especially since we made out in the bathroom. We need to talk and set ground rules. More so for my sake because I'm begging the gods she doesn't leave me again.

I took the quickest shower ever and slipped into the bed, I wasn't going to argue with Taylor as I already was freezing. I adjusted my pump so I could sleep on my stomach and set my volume up in case my blood sugar dropped in the middle of the night. It hardly ever happened anymore but I was always prepared.

I noticed on top of the comforter was a quilt and in the corner of the room was a space heater. Sitting up I also noticed the air mattress was gone. Did Taylor clean up?  Just as I thought that the door opened and Taylor came in.

"Hey," she said

Her hair was damp from the rain and she sped into the closet to change. I glanced away to give her privacy, not that I didn't want to see her but it was about consent.

"Did you put the heater in here?" I asked

"Yes you were freezing last night" she called out from the closet