6

Lavender pov
25 years old
Summer of 2014

*beep beep beep beep*

"Shut the fuck up," I groan and roll over, hitting snooze on the alarm.

It was way too early for this. The sun filtered in through my Curtians, and I made a note to get darker Curtians.

I felt the bed shift beside me, and my lips found their way to my bare chest. It was way too early for this. I was already running late, and now she wanted to play games.

"I gotta go," I mumbled and sat up in the bed.

The blanket slid down, revealing my bare chest. I didn't bother covering it up. I needed to take a shower before heading out.

"Please stay," she whispered

This is why I'm not too fond of this. I wouldn't say I liked the following day of words and kind remarks. The gentle, loving, affectionate woman. It made me sick, and I couldn't do it. I untangled her limbs from mine and slid out of the bed.

"No, I got work, and you should leave," I said as I grabbed a towel and headed towards the bathroom.

I heard her huff in annoyance, so I turned to look at her.

"So that's it," she glared at me

"Candice, that's all it ever is. Please leave," I motioned toward the hallways and slid into the bathroom.

Why were women so clingy? It was a good fuck, and she had to get all sappy. Check her off the list of not to bring back. I turned the water on and waited for it to get hot.

(For the sake of the story, we're going to say she looks like Cara; Cara has been erased from this world😂)

I look in the mirror and see my hair in tangles, my thick eyebrows need plucking, and I desperately need to get a tan. Get your shit together.

I heard Candice leave as the front door slammed. Thank god.

After taking a hot shower and untangling my hair, I stripped my bed and put the sheets into the wash. Nasty.

Glancing at the clock, I realized I didn't have time to eat- shit, I always do this. I grabbed my phone, keys, and wallet and headed out the door.

The streets of New York are alive this crisp morning. I moved here back in 2010 after everything in my life went to shit. My mother remarried to a guy named Phil , I know. They ended up selling the house and moving to Florida last year- something about new beginnings. I moved here for better work. I am a music video director as well as a movie director. They both do the same shit.

I walked across the sidewalk to where my car was waiting for me. Andrew opened the door.

"Morning lavender "

"Hi," I mumbled and climbed into the car.

Andrew walked around and got into the driver's seat.

"Any stops along the way to set?" He asked as he started the car up

"Starbucks- please." I sighed and closed my eyes

So yes, I moved here for work- and it paid off well. I have my flat in the middle of the city. I can get whatever I want at any time—living the dream.

Andrew pulled through the drive-through and ordered my usual.

"Thank you," I said as he handed me my drink.

An iced latte.

Basic bitch

So you might be wondering about Taylor- me too.
I hated that woman. Just thinking about our last interaction hurt me to my core.